Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

18 minutes ago, Baron said:

That was Chip Brown. And yes he is a dumbass.

Isn’t that the same guy that Tanked a recruit for us last year? Talked crap or wrote an article about Texas and the kid went elsewhere? Some LB if I remember correctly. POS. Bet Herman already dislikes him

1 minute ago, okiehorn said:

Isn’t that the same guy that Tanked a recruit for us last year? Talked crap or wrote an article about Texas and the kid went elsewhere? Some LB if I remember correctly. POS. Bet Herman already dislikes him

Don't know about that but it sounds like something he would do. Chip Brown always seems to want to dig up dirt on the Horns. Makes him a POS in my book.

You talking about Chip Brown?...yeah he is the guy....did a hit piece on the Horns and the recruit changed his mind.

That is the reason you see FCB on nearly every post on Surley.

24/7 is now giving him hell because his piece on the game last night, he got the score wrong

27 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

You talking about Chip Brown?...yeah he is the guy....did a hit piece on the Horns and the recruit changed his mind.

That is the reason you see FCB on nearly every post on Surley.

24/7 is now giving him hell because his piece on the game last night, he got the score wrong

Thanks! I knew something happened along those lines 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Hoping Kyle Porter torches the Sooners defense tonight. All the locals say I’m crappy because I don’t cheer for the conference but I can’t with the Sooners. Just can’t. 

Agree. Last time I felt any conference loyalty was the old Southwest Conference. As far as the Big 12 is concerned, every one of those bastards can lose every week as far as I'm concerned. 

Except the Sooners. They can lose twice weekly. 

My thoughts about our game. . . . . 

1. I'm glad we can throw the ball. But we should have pushed La Tech around in the run game. At times we did. But we didn't at times, too. I know some of that is on the RB, but our OL should have made it easier.

2. Every time Eagles catches a pass, its a TD. lol

3. While I thought Ingram did well, he didn't seem to be quite his old self. I hope he's fully returned next week.

4. Roschon didn't look bad in his limited attempts.

5. We were a bit inconsistent on defense. We made some plays, but gave up some plays, too. Our CBs make me nervous.

6. A tip of the hat to Casey friggin Thompson. It was a bit awkward for the first play or two, but he did well and got himself a score. I'm gaining confidence in him.

7. Duverney is da man. He's going to do great things this year. You could see Herman has trust in him by the way he was used in the opening drive.

8. Ossai is going to be all conference. Pity his INT was taken back.

9. I was pleased with the NT play from Coburn and Ojomo. Both stood out. T'Vondre Sweat is going to be special.

10. Montrell Estell got some action last night. Not bad.

I remember when UT switched to the spread, as LSU has this year. It was Strong’s final season and the offense was potent against inferior players and scored a lot of points. We gained a ton of yardage almost every game but it didn’t always show on the scoreboard. LSU believes they have cured their offense after beating up on GS. They may have but we will have the players to put that belief to the test. I’m betting they have a wake up call next Saturday. They are playing the style of offense we are built to defend in the Big 12 and I guarantee a third of our conference will be better at it than they are right now  

Their defense will be tough as usual but they will have to defend the pass more that 11 snaps this weekend. 

Per Brainiacs . . . 

Whittington will undergo sports hernia surgery and will be out six weeks.

Shackleford is uncertain at this time.

Jared Wiley is doubtful.

Collin Johnson is day to day.

Kirk Johnson out six more weeks.

Daniel Young is out.

LB David Gbenda has been moved to RB. Depth chart is now Ingram, Johnson, Gbenda.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Per Brainiacs . . . 

Jared Wiley is doubtful.

Daniel Young is out.

I've never played running back in my life. I'm 43 years old with a bad knee and bunions BUT I do have college eligibility remaining and apparently our RB room needs all the help it can get!  GEEZ! Put me in coach! 

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Per Brainiacs . . . 

Jared Wiley is doubtful.

Daniel Young is out.

LB David Gbenda has been moved to RB. Depth chart is now Ingram, Johnson, Gbenda.

This coaching staff can never catch a break. This is a scary situation we have on our hands. Sam will be running 15+ a game. 

29 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

Looks like we will be more air raid than power spread. Can’t catch a break with our running backs. No since whining about it though, adjust and find a way to win. 

Mike Leach has done it for years, uses the short passing game as the run game. Though recently he has Incorporated the RBs in the short passing game as well.

Texas did it on Saturday with the bubble screens to Duvernay.