Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

59 minutes ago, Baron said:

Gotta disagree. RoJo had over 7000 yards passing in high school. He has a better arm and is more accurate than Heard was as a RS freshman.

Ability wise they’re similar.  Stats don’t compare abilities.  I see the same traits in both.  

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree. I hope the move to RB is not permanent.

It's smart however you look at it. He could get a chance to shine and show he balls out which will only help Herman have confidence in him at QB. He's won it all with that kind of thing. And RJ ain't going to lose much. Maybe some clipboard holding strength.

Watching Charlie Strong and USF get hammered by Wisconsin last night made me think about how people really thought Texas did Charlie wrong and didn’t give him a chance. It also made me think of the kids that were not going to play if Charlie Strong wasn’t the coach. I’m just shaking my head. Strong set us back several years when we needed to be moving forward. Red was right. Charlie is getting exposed as not having a clue what he’s doing. He sure made a lot of money before everyone found out he didn’t need to be a head coach. Man myself and I’m pretty sure every Texas fan is glad those days are behind us. 

#hookem#beatlatech

1 hour ago, horninoregon said:

Had Okie State on the bus up here for the game against the Beavers...did not know that Lorenzo Joe is in his first year on their coaching staff. Super nice kid...he's pumped for the game today too

Was it bad defense by Oregon St or a bad ass rushing attack by Okie lite in last night's game? 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Was it bad defense by Oregon St or a bad ass rushing attack by Okie lite in last night's game? 

Gundy is a great offensive mind and will usually find a way to run the ball successfully. I anticipate the pokes will have a very good offense this year. I’m betting Oregon State’s defense is not that great but give the Cowboys their due. Hubbard over 200 and Sanders over 100. Pretty salty no matter who your playing.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders is going to be tough this year and the years to come. Gundy should have been playing the kid last year. He straight balled for his first ever collegiate snap. And yes Chubba Hubbard is very good. Fortunately they play scrubs the first 3 games like normal so maybe they won’t be ready for Texas talent...There always tough in Austin as it is but that’s def a game I have been worried about all summer..... on a lighter note Iowa State looking like trash 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Well damn, Lil Jordan Waived from the Saints. Wishing it was playing this evening but hoping he gets picked up 

Dude got some bad advise. Probably needs to spin down to TE in the NFL to have a chance.