Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

Where does Cedric Benson tank on the Texas all time RB list for you?

For me, he is #3 behind Earl and Ricky. 

Thats probably about right. Benson was very productive in his four years. You've got Rosie Leaks, Steve Worster, Jim Bertlesen, Jamaal Charles, Chris Gilbert . . the list is long. But again, Benson's production speaks for itself. When he went for 100, we won.

15 hours ago, TB14 said:

Where does Cedric Benson tank on the Texas all time RB list for you?

For me, he is #3 behind Earl and Ricky. 

I agree 100%.  I do believe he's the only RB to rush for 1K in all for seasons. And he didn't play against Hoe-U as a freshman (thanks Mack!).  I'd list him 3rd as well but he's my favorite RB as he was the 1st player that I followed from high school to college to pro.  I'm a huge Cedric Benson fan!  R.I.P.

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats probably about right. Benson was very productive in his four years. You've got Rosie Leaks, Steve Worster, Jim Bertlesen, Jamaal Charles, Chris Gilbert . . the list is long. But again, Benson's production speaks for itself. When he went for 100, we won.

Love em all.

Stumbled across this stat today. Apparently, these teams enjoy quite the home field advantage. 

This type of scheduling must be ridiculed and called out as often as possible.

• Alabama – 8 home games
  • Michigan – 7 home games
  • Texas A&M – 7 home games
  • Ohio State – 7 home games
  • Clemson – 7 home games

1 hour ago, TexCoyote said:

You know I’m excited about this offensive line and man it’s been awhile since I’ve made that statement. We got some nastiness in there now. We should be able to bang people around this year. I’d keep paying Herb Hand up if I was Tom Herman......which I’m sure he will. 

He also seems to be a good evaluator/recruiter/developer. 

2 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

You know I’m excited about this offensive line and man it’s been awhile since I’ve made that statement. We got some nastiness in there now. We should be able to bang people around this year. I’d keep paying Herb Hand up if I was Tom Herman......which I’m sure he will. 

Yancey McKnight has a lot to do with this, too. 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Whew, @Daniel Seahorn she posted part 1... very long winded but pretty good read if people are interested. I won’t post it here but it’s on twitter. Herman is playing his cards right with the psycho   

Just finished reading it.  Sounds like that guy needs to be locked up.