Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

2 hours ago, Drb522 said:

Wasn’t IT the ones that said their info was “watermarked” and said they could tell which user was sharing it?  I believe the writer Jesus S said that

Jesus S is a friend of mine and no they don't do that. Sometimes they'll let a rumor like that float around just to discourage the practice.

2 hours ago, Drb522 said:

He was there when they didn’t charge.  

Actually, IT has always charged. Jesus S (Kevin) was previously with Barking Carnival, back when ScipioTex was part of the team. BC was free, may still be. ScipioTex used to pen some humdingers. They had a good team, IMO.

Kevin went to IT when Clendon (is that the owner's name) made a deal to get him on staff.

I agree with whomever said IT was better than OB or 24/7. IT has depth to their coverage that 247 hasn't been able to duplicate, although I do like Mike Roach a lot over at 24/7. Brainiacs is a great info place, but not a community like the above three sites. So it's a different animal but a very accurate one. I can't recall the last time they were wrong. They were the ones who stuck with their pick of Bijan to Texas, despite the three other sites going into a OSU frenzy for three weeks.

28 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Actually, IT has always charged. Jesus S (Kevin) was previously with Barking Carnival, back when ScipioTex was part of the team. BC was free, may still be. ScipioTex used to pen some humdingers. They had a good team, IMO.

Kevin went to IT when Clendon (is that the owner's name) made a deal to get him on staff.

I agree with whomever said IT was better than OB or 24/7. IT has depth to their coverage that 247 hasn't been able to duplicate, although I do like Mike Roach a lot over at 24/7. Brainiacs is a great info place, but not a community like the above three sites. So it's a different animal but a very accurate one. I can't recall the last time they were wrong. They were the ones who stuck with their pick of Bijan to Texas, despite the three other sites going into a OSU frenzy for three weeks.

Was the BC site called recruiticosm or something like that?!

i do remember them telling that on IT that their stuff was watermarked and that if folks posted it elsewhere they’d be banned from the site.  This was 7-8 years ago I guess.  I’d just go to Shaggybevo and read every report as it was posted there by folks

25 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Was the BC site called recruiticosm or something like that?!

i do remember them telling that on IT that their stuff was watermarked and that if folks posted it elsewhere they’d be banned from the site.  This was 7-8 years ago I guess.  I’d just go to Shaggybevo and read every report as it was posted there by folks

That sounds familiar, could be.

6 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

"Lacks shake in the hole ... decent vision to get to space ... not a natural RB" surprising anti - cool aid from those guys on Wittingham. We've led to believe he had all those things.

Thought the same thing when I read that statement. Everyone has been drooling over him. Im going to stick with the people that’s saying he is a badass 

11 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

"Lacks shake in the hole ... decent vision to get to space ... not a natural RB" surprising anti - cool aid from those guys on Wittingham. We've led to believe he had all those things.

I'm going to assume that we are talking about Whittington since there is no one named Wittingham on the roster :)

It's also ridiculous and a little embarrassing to post such comments about a guy they / we have never seen in pads (who's never played RB before) after the first practice. That goes for the good and the bad I guess so maybe it's a wash. But to declare whether he's natural or not when he's never had the chance to feel out the position and learn with live bullets coming at him is silly.

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

It's also ridiculous and a little embarrassing to post such comments about a guy they / we have never seen in pads (who's never played RB before) after the first practice. That goes for the good and the bad I guess so maybe it's a wash. But to declare whether he's natural or not when he's never had the chance to feel out the position and learn with live bullets coming at him is silly.

He did play some RB at Cuero. They used him in a variety of ways.

3 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

He did pretty well in state championship from the wildcat position.

Paraphrased practice notes 

– Jordan Whittington scores a long TD almost every day.

– Devurney is very fast when catching the ball in stride.

– Jake Smith is fast and he's having to adjust to defenders who are also fast.

– Dele showed up in great shape, dropped some weight and now moves much better. Staff is thrilled.

– Growing optimism in the OL. Better than last year's already.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Paraphrased practice notes 

– Jordan Whittington scores a long TD almost every day.

– Devurney is very fast when catching the ball in stride.

– Jake Smith is fast and he's having to adjust to defenders who are also fast.

– Dele showed up in great shape, dropped some weight and now moves much better. Staff is thrilled.

– Growing optimism in the OL. Better than last year's already.

I haz a happy

40 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

Just got my 100 downvote on surely Horns 😂 got banned for absolutely no reason. That site needs to be shut down 

Agree, I’m at -27 so I just quit posting and just reading lol once your in negative douchbags just Neg you cuz they can