Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

15 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

If it’s prohibited from this site then I’ll stop. Nothing more nothing less

Although I appreciate the info, cutting and pasting info from behind a paywall is frowned upon. You can paraphrase though. I welcome all news since I’m not a member of any paid sites. 

1 hour ago, Monsieur ATX said:

I think the general rule is that you can paraphrase what was said in the behind-the-wall sites. But the screen shot won't fly.

You can do that with an ordinary poster of any site, but not the info/posts from the site mods which is what they pay for.

No harm done here. We live, we learn.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Although I appreciate the info, cutting and pasting info from behind a paywall is frowned upon. You can paraphrase though. I welcome all news since I’m not a member of any paid sites. 

What are they supposed to do with it?  They paid for it.  If they want to share I don’t see a problem, as long as they credit who it was written by

1 minute ago, Drb522 said:

What are they supposed to do with it?  They paid for it.  If they want to share I don’t see a problem, as long as they credit who it was written by

No, they agree to terms that state the info can't be shared. Every site makes you agree to the terms when you sign up.

2 hours ago, Monsieur ATX said:

Agree with Dr. Gilbert.  IT provides info to its paying subscribers.  If you want to post info in your own words from them and give them credit, which I've done here, feel free, but copy and pasting their info from behind their paywall is typically a big no no.

39 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, they agree to terms that state the info can't be shared. Every site makes you agree to the terms when you sign up.

I’ve never signed up as I don’t pay for info.  If this site starts charging I’ll go to the next one.  I’ve never seen a a terms of agreement.  It’s funny, they want to be the first to break news, but don’t share it

12 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Agree with Dr. Gilbert.  IT provides info to its paying subscribers.  If you want to post info in your own words from them and give them credit, which I've done here, feel free, but copy and pasting their info from behind their paywall is typically a big no no.

Wasn’t IT the ones that said their info was “watermarked” and said they could tell which user was sharing it?  I believe the writer Jesus S said that

1 minute ago, Drb522 said:

Wasn’t IT the ones that said their info was “watermarked” and said they could tell which user was sharing it?  I believe the writer Jesus S said that

No idea and Jesus S. hasn't been a contributor there in quite a long time.

5 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

I’ve never signed up as I don’t pay for info.  If this site starts charging I’ll go to the next one.  I’ve never seen a a terms of agreement.  It’s funny, they want to be the first to break news, but don’t share it

IT shares news with their paying subscribers.  Some like me are also on free boards and paraphrase some of that info, but I always give IT credit when I do so.  Daniel does a great job here as well.  Nobody is forced to pay for their info, but my opinion is they are the best paysite covering Texas and it's not even close.  I've been a member at both Orangebloods and 247 and the info and detail is far better at IT.  Their info typically leaks out, but not normally via cut and paste. If others find it interesting, they're welcome to sign up, but if you're good with getting it later or getting less of it, then don't sign up.

2 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

He was there when they didn’t charge.  

Jesus S was there when I joined years ago and it was a paysite then and still is.  Never knew of them being free, but I went to most of the same schools growing up with Clendon Ross, who is a great guy and owns the site after buying it many years ago from Robert Heard....thankfully.