Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)


Baron
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

The Article I saw about it, goes little deeper than just what he said about Sam. He just stirring the pot. Hopefully Texas sends a message. 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2019/6/27/18772046/terry-bradshaw-sam-ehlinger-aint-that-good-texas-longhorns-louisiana-tech-bulldogs

I  am a huge Steelers fan as my folks are from Pittsburgh.  With that said TB only won Super Bowls because of the Steel curtain defense and the host of HOF WRs and lineman he played with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This probably should go in the Texas HS sports section but oh well....

 

In the state of Texas is there a “dead period” for HS sports? I only ask because this just got rolled out here in oklahoma and I think it’s the Dumbest rule made. No athlete can even use the schools facilities even if there alone training. Yes it’s only 8 days but what’s the point? Wondering if Oklahoma is just behind and this is a thing there in Texas or if it’s just another silly Oklahoma rule. 

 

@Sirhornsalot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

This probably should go in the Texas HS sports section but oh well....

 

In the state of Texas is there a “dead period” for HS sports? I only ask because this just got rolled out here in oklahoma and I think it’s the Dumbest rule made. No athlete can even use the schools facilities even if there alone training. Yes it’s only 8 days but what’s the point? Wondering if Oklahoma is just behind and this is a thing there in Texas or if it’s just another silly Oklahoma rule. 

 

@Sirhornsalot

I've never heard of it here. I agree, whats the point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Had someone on my FB say thy love it because “overuse” athlete injuries are in the rise. I LoL’d. Always one in every crowd.  Damn these kids be outside bettering themselves 

That is the reason why I refrain from posting things like that because along comes Captain Ignorant. That is also why I am a big fan of @Daniel Seahorn - just the facts ma'am and let's not get ahead of ourselves postings. 

PS - OB (and even IT at times) could take lessons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2019 at 8:06 PM, MikeV73 said:

I  am a huge Steelers fan as my folks are from Pittsburgh.  With that said TB only won Super Bowls because of the Steel curtain defense and the host of HOF WRs and lineman he played with.

So you’re saying TB was a 4 time Trent Dilfer???   Sorry but you don’t win 4 Super Bowls by being an average Joe qb.  Some of you guys are discrediting him for what was said. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

{{{Bradshaw stating he’d rather have the Louisiana Tech roster than the Texas roster is rich. Of course, he’s pandering to the home crowd, so we’ll have to forgive him here.}}}. -From thespun.com

 

yall need to get more upset because he apparently bagged on the entire roster.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drb522 said:

So you’re saying TB was a 4 time Trent Dilfer???   Sorry but you don’t win 4 Super Bowls by being an average Joe qb.  Some of you guys are discrediting him for what was said. 

 

 

No, he’s a 4 time Jim Flacco:D.  He was a good player, but was surrounded by HOFers and should show some humility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was unfortunate and rather irresponsible of TB to say that. Ehlinger is a kid, a developing QB who has probably idolized TB at various points in his life.

You can be a homer and NOT dis an opposing team's QB. If anybody should realize that kids from all over the country look up to you – it should be a 4-time SB winning QB.

I've lost some respect for Bradshaw. I loved watching him play and thought he was one of the best. But that was uncalled for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So can somebody post the video of the entire press conference with all of TB’s comments? Or do you just have the little snippets from twitter???   I think it’s funny how folks are “losing respect” for playing to the crowd.  I’ll bet you money TH has already spoken to Sam on the matter and explained as such.  Some of you guys are being rather juvenile over this.  I love the Longhorns and Sam as much as the next guy but this is getting silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

So can somebody post the video of the entire press conference with all of TB’s comments? Or do you just have the little snippets from twitter???   I think it’s funny how folks are “losing respect” for playing to the crowd.  I’ll bet you money TH has already spoken to Sam on the matter and explained as such.  Some of you guys are being rather juvenile over this.  I love the Longhorns and Sam as much as the next guy but this is getting silly.

Isn't it a great thing that you can disagree with people and not have to call them names while doing it? 

A 4-time Super Bowl winner doesn't have to play to the crowd. 

A 4-time Super Bowl winner should have more class than that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Isn't it a great thing that you can disagree with people and not have to call them names while doing it? 

A 4-time Super Bowl winner doesn't have to play to the crowd. 

A 4-time Super Bowl winner should have more class than that.

 

And once again you’re insinuating that Bradshaw was being classless and a butthead.  So Bradshaw wouldn’t be a butthead if he hadn’t won 4 Super Bowls and said the same thing???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

And once again you’re insinuating that Bradshaw was being classless and a butthead.  So Bradshaw wouldn’t be a butthead if he hadn’t won 4 Super Bowls and said the same thing???

Had he not won 4 Super Bowls, no, I don't think we're even talking about it. It wouldn't mean much to anybody.

Classless, yes. Butthead is your word. I haven't used it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


  • 2021 Texas Football Schedule

    Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/4
    Louisiana
    W 38-18
    9/11
    @Arkansas
    L 21-40
    9/18
    Rice
    W 58-0
    9/25
    Texas Tech
    W 70-35
    10/2
    @TCU
    W 32-27
    10/9
    Oklahoma
    L 48-55
    10/16
    Oklahoma State
    L 24-32
    10/30
    @Baylor
    L 24-31
    11/6
    @Iowa State
    L 7-30
    11/13
    Kansas
    L 56-57 OT
    11/20
    @West Virginia
    L 23-31
    11/27
    Kansas State
    W 22-17

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...