Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You're going to start seeing that come into play more and more. State-funded schools in SOME states are and have been experiencing a money-crunch. In some places, it's getting worse. 

I won't go any further than that.

Still, you'd think a university like UCLA, which is basically a public ivy league school.. would have alumni who could foot a bill like that.

2 hours ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

Still, you'd think a university like UCLA, which is basically a public ivy league school.. would have alumni who could foot a bill like that.

A lot of alumni won't give until things they like start happening. Like winning.

Different kind of hate for each.  Hate OU because they’re the biggest thorn in our side on the field, recruiting and all things.  Hate Aggy because of obnoxious Aggies.  

15 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

Different kind of hate for each.  Hate OU because they’re the biggest thorn in our side on the field, recruiting and all things.  Hate Aggy because of obnoxious Aggies.  

OU is the rival. Too many things confirm that. Special stage - Cotton Bowl. Special date – ALWAYS on second Saturday in October. Special results – throw out the rankings, this is a slugfest.

That makes it what it is to so many Longhorns – a true rivalry.

With aggy, it's the unwarranted arrogance from a program that hasn't won squat in so long – I don't think anybody on this board can tell you when they won their last title. Some weren't even born then. So each meeting we had with them was nothing more than a collective "I hope they see the big picture here" group thought from Texas. We weren't preoccupied with wondering who would win. We knew that already.

17 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Cameron Townsend has entered the transfer portal. 

I actually thought he entered the portal previously.  Didnt he participate in Senior night this year?  Wish him the best of luck and thanks for helping turn this program around.

19 hours ago, Dina Colunga said:

Hey y’all, only two hours left to vote in my poll on Twitter. Who do you hate more, Oklahoma or Texas A&M?

322 votes and OU is in the lead. 

8D075885-A0FE-4CC5-9B68-962E2D474D56.png

I don't Twitter but the answer is: All of the above

On 4/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

OU is the rival. Too many things confirm that. Special stage - Cotton Bowl. Special date – ALWAYS on second Saturday in October. Special results – throw out the rankings, this is a slugfest.

That makes it what it is to so many Longhorns – a true rivalry.

With aggy, it's the unwarranted arrogance from a program that hasn't won squat in so long – I don't think anybody on this board can tell you when they won their last title. Some weren't even born then. So each meeting we had with them was nothing more than a collective "I hope they see the big picture here" group thought from Texas. We weren't preoccupied with wondering who would win. We knew that already.

Exactly. I would've voted aggy in the poll because of these reasons. Even my arky friends hate aggy more than Texas because of their baseless pride in a program that's done nothing in my lifetime.

20 hours ago, texbound said:

I actually thought he entered the portal previously.  Didnt he participate in Senior night this year?  Wish him the best of luck and thanks for helping turn this program around.

I thought he graduated.   He was one of the last guys Mack recruited, wasn't he ?  I remember him being a small guy. Don't even think he was over 200 pounds when he enrolled.

16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Ha Ha, I love it. This is Texas giving aggy the middle finger. Any $EC team not named aggy. I bet we schedule Vanderbilt before we schedule aggy. LMAO