Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

The Longhorn Men's Swimming/Diving Team took 2nd at the NCAA Championships and the Women's Swimming/Diving Team took 5th. 

"UT's NCAA runner-up finish was the 12th in program history and marked the 26th time in 41 seasons under head coach Eddie Reece that the Longhorns finished among the top two nationally. All totaled, under Reese, Texas has earned a top three finish on 33 occasions and finished among the Top 10 for the 40th straight year."

Men's Swimming and Diving takes second at NCAA Championships

5 hours ago, utparothed said:

The Longhorn Men's Swimming/Diving Team took 2nd at the NCAA Championships and the Women's Swimming/Diving Team took 5th. 

"UT's NCAA runner-up finish was the 12th in program history and marked the 26th time in 41 seasons under head coach Eddie Reece that the Longhorns finished among the top two nationally. All totaled, under Reese, Texas has earned a top three finish on 33 occasions and finished among the Top 10 for the 40th straight year."

Men's Swimming and Diving takes second at NCAA Championships

Eddie Reece is a freaking living legend.

15 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

Eddie Reece is a freaking living legend.

Both my boys are year 'round swimmers, the oldest wants to swim at Texas.  We're planning on sending them to the Longhorn Swim Camp next summer so that they get to see/meet Eddie and to get some coaching from a pretty amazing coaching staff...Eddie, Carol Capitani, former UT swimmers, Gold Medalists and other Olympians (including Ian Crocker), NCAA champions and the list goes on.  We'd have sent them this year but the camps fill up fast!!

4 hours ago, utparothed said:

Both my boys are year 'round swimmers, the oldest wants to swim at Texas.  We're planning on sending them to the Longhorn Swim Camp next summer so that they get to see/meet Eddie and to get some coaching from a pretty amazing coaching staff...Eddie, Carol Capitani, former UT swimmers, Gold Medalists and other Olympians (including Ian Crocker), NCAA champions and the list goes on.  We'd have sent them this year but the camps fill up fast!!

One of my dear college friends swam for him. The guy loves him. I mean truly loves the man. I met him a couple of occasions and he is super down to earth. 

I was a track athlete so I really respect the athletes in the non revenue sports. Swimmers training is tough stuff. Props to your boys! 

16 hours ago, Baron said:

Is this April Fools a day late? I've never heard of this happening before.

Some schools don’t hold a spring game. It’s not unprecedented. The practices are for the players and coaches, the game for fans and PR.

1 hour ago, Huskie1 said:

Some schools don’t hold a spring game. It’s not unprecedented. The practices are for the players and coaches, the game for fans and PR.

Yeah, but it's not a good look to recruits to have to cancel the spring game. Walk-ons should be available to fill gaps due to injury.

6 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Disc problem? This is not good at all.

I've had a herniated disc before. Its quite common. I chose to avoid the medical route and went the chiropractor route instead.

Within two months I was back to normal. Exercising some common sense practices, I've been able to stay that way.

Not all injuries are the same, however. His disc may be more damaged than mine was, thus more time to recover. He obviously injured a disc near or in the neck area, which mine was not.