Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

On 3/4/2019 at 9:20 AM, Huskie1 said:

Shows how the college game has changed. You can’t play a big run stopping plugger anymore. Defenses need fast athletes who are more versatile. The guys that would be a strong safety back in the day are your linebackers now.

Why I was very confident we'd beat Bama in 2010. They weren't built to stop Ship in the slot. They had 255lb backers to stop LSU. Still the most disappointing game in all my years and that included the 78 and 83 cotton bowls. 

22 hours ago, wadster said:

Why I was very confident we'd beat Bama in 2010. They weren't built to stop Ship in the slot. They had 255lb backers to stop LSU. Still the most disappointing game in all my years and that included the 78 and 83 cotton bowls. 

The 83 game crushed me. I’m convinced the Horns would have beaten Bama had Colt not gotten hurt. 

I hope that Michael Center hangs by his tennis balls for the shame he has brought to the University, I also hope they get all his co conspirators at the University and they all serve jail time for the damage they have done to the reputation of the school

Just thought I would put this here as well as on the Shaka Shitshow forum.  Would love to see our basketball program gain some positive respect on the national forum.

If we are going to relegate ourselves to a certain degree of mediocrity and be content to maintain the status quo, then put some energy back into the Erwin Center by coming up with some things to energize our student base and get them out to all the home games.  Energize them to come early and in large numbers and to be loud and supportive of the program.  I am sure Del Conte can come up with some great incentives such as free admission to the first 2 or 3 thousand students to enter the arena for each game.  Move the blue hairs/grey hairs (of which I am one) and make a minimum of the first 10 rows around the arena are designated for current UT students only.  Since a buy out of several million dollars for Coach Smart is too much and basketball is not considered a high grossing revenue sport, let’s give something a try to try to energize and position the program to moving in a positive direction.  Just some thoughts, but am certain Del Conte can bring forth monumental ideas and solutions to advance Texas Basketball into a national contender.

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Just read that Johnny Lam Jones was put in hospice in Austin 

Very sad. I've had JLJ on my FB friends list. Some of his posts were heartbreaking in the last year or so. God bless him.