Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Just read on 247 that Kingsbury has been offered the Arizona Cardinals HC job. Poster has numerous people vouching for how credible he is. 

I wonder if the "news" bru got was something of this development. What I really hope is that all the assholes on all the boards who slam anyone still hoping we sign bru are called out and embarrassed for being the losers they are when bru signs with the good guys. But like John Snow I know nothing.

2 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

I wonder if the "news" bru got was something of this development. What I really hope is that all the assholes on all the boards who slam anyone still hoping we sign bru are called out and embarrassed for being the losers they are when bru signs with the good guys. But like John Snow I know nothing.

Exactly. I've seen in elsewhere a lot.

Starting off sentences with "anyone who still thinks . . . . is a ______" is complete BS. 

Malcolm Roach is going to be a beast next year. I think our defensive line will be better next year and certainly deeper.

Regarding BC’s comment. I think it may be nothing more than a reminder to several of our recruits who are hearing all the talk around them as being “under rated” by the recruitnicks like rivals and 247. 

9 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

He’s from California, Bru is from California....I like the sound of this.  Make it happen!

Ok shotime, I see by your emoji reply you are confused by my post.  I didn’t check out the tiny white guy emoji that went with the prior post...was thinking this was from Gabriel Floyd!  Hey, gotta dream right?

Earlier on this thread it was discussed that Daniel Young should maybe be a fullback. Then someone mentioned that using him in that capacity on 3rd down when Texas scored their last TD vs Georgia didn't seem to work. Well I was watching Texas Football Full Access last night and they showed on the next play (4th down when Sam scores) Young drove his man to the back part of the endzone before planting him on his arse! 

2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Earlier on this thread it was discussed that Daniel Young should maybe be a fullback. Then someone mentioned that using him in that capacity on 3rd down when Texas scored their last TD vs Georgia didn't seem to work. Well I was watching Texas Football Full Access last night and they showed on the next play (4th down when Sam scores) Young drove his man to the back part of the endzone before planting him on his arse! 

@MikeV73 and I were discussing that... We were kidding around about that play, mostly about our armchair playcalling abilities. Certainly wouldn't put on Young that series since GA was playing some stout defense. 

Glad to hear Young power drove someone on the scoring play... thanks for pointing that out.  We were serious about finding roles where he can play smash mouth, cause he can turn on beast mode. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

@MikeV73 and I were discussing that... We were kidding around about that play, mostly about our armchair playcalling abilities. Certainly wouldn't put on Young that series since GA was playing some stout defense. 

Glad to hear Young power drove someone on the scoring play... thanks for pointing that out.  We were serious about finding roles where he can play smash mouth, cause he can turn on beast mode. 

Well truth be told, I missed the block during the game and the replays I've watched (too many times per my wife!). I think the reason I caught it this time was because they were using a different camera angle.

35 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

For what it's worth: Just saw where Kliff Kingsbury is interviewing with NFL teams. It didn't say which teams.

It said he must have resigned at USC.

Jay Glaser tweeted and Mike Farrell retweeted.

Jay Glazer said he is hearing that KK is interviewing with NFL teams. Just because he is "hearing" it doesn't make it so. He also says that means he has likely resigned. There's a lot of "click bait" in the actual tweet.  

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Jay Glazer said he is hearing that KK is interviewing with NFL teams. Just because he is "hearing" it doesn't make it so. He also says that means he has likely resigned. There's a lot of "click bait" in the actual tweet.  

Why I started with For What it's worth. People can take it with a grain of salt until they hear an official word.

3 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Why I started with For What it's worth. People can take it with a grain of salt until they hear an official word.

Yea, I really didn't mean for what I posted to sound at all like anything critical was aimed at you. And I apologize if it came across like that even a little bit. 

You definitely said for what it's worth.