Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

Here is some Orange Bowl trivia:  January 1, 1963 Alabama played Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl.  President Kennedy was at midfield at the coin toss.  Before the game a reporter asked Coach Bear Bryant how did he planned to stop Oklahoma's high powered offense.  Coach Bryant replied:  "I'm going to sic Lee Roy on them."  He was referring to Lee Roy Jordan.  Lee Roy Jordan had 31 tackles against Oklahoma, which is an Alabama record. Alabama defeated Oklahoma 17-0.  He was named MVP of the game, which is rare for a defensive player.

Coach Bear Bryant said:  "He was one of the finest football players the , world has ever seen. If runners stayed between the sidelines, he tackled them. He never had a bad day, he was 100 percent every day in practice and in the games." Lee Roy Jordan later played for the Dallas Cowboys and was selected to 5 Pro Bowls, won NFC Defensive Player of the year in 1973 and won a Super Bowl ring in Super Bowl VI.

Ok, this might sound horrible and I feel like I'm about to throw up as I type this, but is it wrong for me to wish for an OU victory over Bama and then a UT win over Georgia.  Obviously OU would lose to Clemson in historic fashion (Clemson winning the NC by 7 TDs and the midget getting knocked out of the game).  However, that scenario would really shake the pillars of "SEC greatness".  Please dont revoke my Horns for suggesting this, but I really want the SEC bias knocked down.

*Edited because I was typing too fast before being called for a haircut.

3 minutes ago, texbound said:

Ok, this might sound horrible and I feel like I'm about to throw up as I type this, but is wrong for me to wish for an OU victory over Bama and then a UT win over Georgia.  Obviously OU would lose to Clemson.  However, that scenario would really shake pillars of "SEC greatness".  Please dont revoke my Horns for suggesting this, but I really want the SEC bias knock down.

I hate OU as much as anyone, but that thought did occurred to me.  I guess I have to choose between my disgust of hearing about SEC and my hatred of OU.  Then I almost threw up thinking about hearing from OU fans about beating Alabama.  I can't get passed cheering for OU.  One thing I have learned is nothing good comes from OU winning.  I am sticking to that lesson in life.  Roll Tide.

@63_Texas_1 

20 minutes ago, texbound said:

Ok, this might sound horrible and I feel like I'm about to throw up as I type this, but is wrong for me to wish for an OU victory over Bama and then a UT win over Georgia.  Obviously OU would lose to Clemson.  However, that scenario would really shake pillars of "SEC greatness".  Please dont revoke my Horns for suggesting this, but I really want the SEC bias knock down.

I just hurled thinking of you rooting for ou!  Can’t even think about them having any chance let alone winning the NC, that would ruin my 2019 early.:D

2 hours ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I hate OU as much as anyone, but that thought did occurred to me.  I guess I have to choose between my disgust of hearing about SEC and my hatred of OU.  Then I almost threw up thinking about hearing from OU fans about beating Alabama.  I can't get passed cheering for OU.  One thing I have learned is nothing good comes from OU winning.  I am sticking to that lesson in life.  Roll Tide.

NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES FROM AN ou WIN......................EVER!!

23 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES FROM AN ou WIN......................EVER!!

This, a 100 times!

Having said that, I think people are going to be surprised that not even Bama can shut down OU's offense. Bama hasn't played anyone that is even close to OU offense's. It wouldn't surprise me to see OU put up over 30 on them and maybe even 40.