Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

I did a little research on Catalon but their isn’t many details about his injury. 

I’m unclear if he hurt one shoulder in 21 and a different one in 22 but I know the first one was a labrum tear and they said it was “front and back” (Bankart tear). 

Looking at this type of injury and it’s repair is interesting. When it’s torn it causes shoulder instability and fixing the tear does not cure the instability. If the root problem isn’t corrected with shoulder reconstruction the tear is vert likely to happen again especially in sports. 

I’m hoping he hurt the shoulder had surgery and it tore again. The report said he was having “reconstructive surgery” when he missed this year. Anything can happen but IF he had the surgery to fix the instability left from the first injury his chances of a repeat occurrence is extremely low. It’s actually considered better than new. 
I have my fingers crossed because Cat is an absolute stud on the field.

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

damned shoulder troubles for a defensive player are a tough hurdle. Bosworth had to quit over them, although he really 'roided his way into injury.

That's basically what did in BJ Foster, shoulder

Fellow posters I do not post links. Several years ago several posters including my self were asked by a monitor not to. He admitted we had done nothing wrong, just complaints from another board.

Then a few years later on a different board a poster IMO was unjustly accused of this. He left the board and board suffered a loss of infro.

So now I just do not post articles just where they are.

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm hearing that there's a member of our DB room who is expected to enter the portal. I have no name,  just that "he plays a lot." It sounds like it could be Jadhe Barron, not sure.

Burton said Barron and Ford are back. The Portal DB is the one who has been suspended for sending nude pics of is chick around among other things. 

6 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Any word on leading candidates for the WR coach opening? 

I haven’t heard anything since they said Sark was talking to Holman Wiggins from Alabama?

Read some where that Sarkhad a suprise canidate in mind. Not much real infro. around.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Burton said Barron and Ford are back. The Portal DB is the one who has been suspended for sending nude pics of is chick around among other things. 

Thats good to know. I have no idea who the DB is who sent nude pics of his chick. Thats messed up.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I heard about him, but didn't figure he was the one since he seldom played. But this is the kid who sent out pics?

Yes. it is in the story. It is what led to his first suspension.  Also I believe he had an issue with the law while he still in high school as well. He was in a car with friends and then bolted when the car was pulled over. He has some issues. 

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Read some where that Sarkhad a suprise canidate in mind. Not much real infro. around.

Is this like the time Charlie had a "surprise" OC candidate in mind, then we found out that the AD, President, Red, and another BMD had to fly to Tulsa to coax someone to come to Texas? Asking for a friend.lol