Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

25 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

In his three years at Bama he has developed several very good wRS. He did not recruit them however.

Has the WRS regressed under him. I do not know as all my Alabama friends are Aburn fans.

Agreed,  their WRs were not impressive this year.

8 hours ago, Billybass said:

And let’s not forget Neto Omeozulu and Malik Agbo. Both were high 4 star recruits who redshirted last year.

and DJ Campbell...the 5 star guard prospect wasn't the starter this year though did get a good amount of snaps. 

The competition this Spring will be fierce in the OL room.

21 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Will 2023 be the best Texas roster on paper since 2009? Seems like it. Potentially better O-Line than 2009. Tough 2009 LB core to beat though with kindle, Acho and Robinson. And QB of course….. hoping for similar results 😅

Good question. I think what will be the difference in the two teams will be the play of Colt vs Ewers (or anyone else on the roster).  I don't want this to start the QE debate again with other posters. I'm just stating in my opinion that QE (or others) has a lot of ground to cover to fill Colt's shoes. To your point, the team should continue to show improvement. 🤘

18 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

Good question. I think what will be the difference in the two teams will be the play of Colt vs Ewers (or anyone else on the roster).  I don't want this to start the QE debate again with other posters. I'm just stating in my opinion that QE (or others) has a lot of ground to cover to fill Colt's shoes. To your point, the team should continue to show improvement. 🤘

I completely agree, hopefully what I said wasn’t taken as comparing QE to Colt. Just isn’t close yet. But on paper talent wise the team has to be close. Can Sark and company develop them like the good ole days… that is to be determined. Should be fun to watch. 2023 will tell us a lot about the future of Texas football. Or at least tell me a lot. 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Will 2023 be the best Texas roster on paper since 2009? Seems like it. Potentially better O-Line than 2009. Tough 2009 LB core to beat though with kindle, Acho and Robinson. And QB of course….. hoping for similar results 😅

QB is one that concerns me (57 % passing)& most of lb are young. 

11 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

I completely agree, hopefully what I said wasn’t taken as comparing QE to Colt. Just isn’t close yet. But on paper talent wise the team has to be close. Can Sark and company develop them like the good ole days… that is to be determined. Should be fun to watch. 2023 will tell us a lot about the future of Texas football. Or at least tell me a lot. 

I did not take your post as comparing QE to Colt. I only meant when the the seasons are compared, that from this point in time in judgement, one of the biggest data points will be QB play. I apologize for any misunderstanding caused by me or your valid post gets hijacked by my reply. 

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

True, colt was seasoned though in 09. Does QE have a Shipley to throw to though? Maybe it’ll be Jwhit. Needs that go to guy

We didn't know we had a Shipley when we had Shipley for the first couple of years. He stayed injured. We all wondered if he'd ever get to play at Texas.

Shipley's turnaround gives me hope that Catalon can do it, too.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We didn't know we had a Shipley when we had Shipley for the first couple of years. He stayed injured. We all wondered if he'd ever get to play at Texas.

Check out Scripto Tex's article on IT.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The current example of a guy that succeeded after multiple years of being sidelined by Injuries is JWhit. 

I'm sure Texas wouldn't have taken him unless the doctors gave them reason for optimism. 

39 minutes ago, dssl said:

The current example of a guy that succeeded after multiple years of being sidelined by Injuries is JWhit. 

I'm sure Texas wouldn't have taken him unless the doctors gave them reason for optimism. 

you don need lots of reasons for optimism when you can get a possible AA with no risk at all.....kind of like getting a free lottery ticket.

15 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

you don need lots of reasons for optimism when you can get a possible AA with no risk at all.....kind of like getting a free lottery ticket.

There is an opportunity cost. If they don't take him then they can take someone else.  If the odds of him playing at a high level are lottery winning low then he wouldn't be a take.

Just now, Eastexhorn said:

I m not either it's a free article. There is a lot of free infro. recently trying to get scribers I guess. Its on inside Texas sports.

Was a member the five years I was in Germany and a few years after I returned.