Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

IT is expecting OL Christian Jones to take advantage of his COVID eligibility and return for 2023.

This is great to hear, but some way some how DJ Campbell needs to be on that field next year.  I know he doesn't play the same position as Jones.  He needs to play at the G position.  One of Connor, Hutson or Majors has to make room (and I actually like all 3 of those guys).

4 hours ago, texbound said:

This is great to hear, but some way some how DJ Campbell needs to be on that field next year.  I know he doesn't play the same position as Jones.  He needs to play at the G position.  One of Connor, Hutson or Majors has to make room (and I actually like all 3 of those guys).

Great problem to have, no?

They put Connor at RT in order to get Campbell on the field. But Cam is going to give Connor some competition at RT.

42 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Great problem to have, no?

They put Connor at RT in order to get Campbell on the field. But Cam is going to give Connor some competition at RT.

Then where does Christian Jones go if he does come back for his COVID year?

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Xavier Worthy

Isaiah Neyor

Jordan Whittington

Johnny Cook

Savion Red

Brenen Thompson

Casey Cain

Ryan Niblett

DeAndre Moore

Now that is a loaded WR room.

The Oline room is getting pretty loaded too. Some of that vaunted recruiting class of last year will want some playing time after their red shirt year

2 hours ago, Baron said:

RT until he gets beat out or keeps his status as a starter.

We did use a 6 OL package a lot with Karic. Christian Jones and Cam Williams seem to be the most likely RTs next year, so maybe the odd man out gets the 6th man role like Karic. 

13 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Or run block. I think we were better at pass blocking than run blocking this year. 

This graph shows how much of our run game success was Bijan and Rojo just making something out of nothing.

Well that's not very encouraging. But it does make sense after the Alamo Bowl.