Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

When I coached, we had a long time district opponent that moved up a classification. I spent a weekend chopping up film and getting insights from a friend on that staff on how they attacked us over the years. I gave them insights on how we defended them. Fairly common among coaches and now that Kansas has parted ways with Beaty, totally kosher,

Im glad Herman is pulling out all the stops.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Interesting development here. 

You know I don't know about you or anyone else in here. But I can definitely see two things here. 1. This might not be a bad idea considering that Kansas went toe to toe with Herman. I like this and 2. Call me crazy or stupid but Texas going to the Big 12 CG can be a good focal point to sell recruits in terms of the level and playing time opportunity  . In addition to this, Sam MUST be 100% for this game and all HANDS on deck

Trivia. Latest rankings.
AP and Coaches are about the same, I'm going with AP for this number crunching. 

SEC has 7 of the top 22 positions, beginning with #1 Bama thru #22 A&M. 
Four of those 7 are in SEC West. 
The 7 teams combined for 18 losses.  
The other 15 of the top 22 poll positions, combined for 30 losses. 
Had they matched the rate-of-loss of those 7 SEC teams, they'd have lost almost 30% more games. 38.57 instead of 30.

Going into Conference Title weekend, teams in the Top 25
7 -- SEC 
4 -- Big 12
4 -- Big 10
3 -- Pac 12
2 -- ACC
Notre Dame
Army
UCF
Boise State
Fresno

19 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Trivia. Latest rankings.
AP and Coaches are about the same, I'm going with AP for this number crunching. 

SEC has 7 of the top 22 positions, beginning with #1 Bama thru #22 A&M. 
Four of those 7 are in SEC West. 
The 7 teams combined for 18 losses.  
The other 15 of the top 22 poll positions, combined for 30 losses. 
Had they matched the rate-of-loss of those 7 SEC teams, they'd have lost almost 30% more games. 38.57 instead of 30.

Going into Conference Title weekend, teams in the Top 25
7 -- SEC 
4 -- Big 12
4 -- Big 10
3 -- Pac 12
2 -- ACC
Notre Dame
Army
UCF
Boise State
Fresno

Pollsters consider the SEC differently. A loss to an SEC school can actually benefit you, if its close and wasn't supposed to be. That consideration exists no where else but the SEC.

Mack's a great man. The last SEVERAL years were hard to watch, but he is a great man. What's the worst that can happen? It doesn't work out and he rides away with a dump truck full of money like all these other guys are doing.

Between Mack and who he'll bring with him to NC, what's going to happen at Texas Tech, and where/when the Briles boys are going to get them a team again................it sure is going to be interesting.

57 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

It blows my mind that a jerk like Baker Mayfield has more respect than Kyler Murray.  I hope we light his a$$ up!  HOOK EM!!!

Baker is a jerk, but has always been the underdog. Walked on at 2 D1 programs and won the heisman. You don't have to like him, and I dont, but hard not to respect that. Kyler on the other hand, extremely talented and entitled. Easier not to show respect for him, even though we can all agree that he is a baller. A little humility goes a long way.

26 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Baker is a jerk, but has always been the underdog. Walked on at 2 D1 programs and won the heisman. You don't have to like him, and I dont, but hard not to respect that. Kyler on the other hand, extremely talented and entitled. Easier not to show respect for him, even though we can all agree that he is a baller. A little humility goes a long way.

Anyone who knows Kyler's Dad knows that Kyler was never taught anything about humility. Complete opposite.