Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)


Baron
 Share

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Billybass said:

A helmet to the knee can hurt anybody. Hurts like hell with pads on. Can’t imagine without the pads. 
I actually hurt my knee one time (bruise) on a facemask. Was limping for a while

But how many knee bruises do you ever hear about affecting a football player? I can't recall any.  Same reason players were the smallest thigh pads possible too.

Protecting the knees in football is all about preventing the ligament injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billybass said:

Terrance Brooks, yes. Thank you. That young man played a damn good game. 
As a freshman. 
Totally developed by our staff. 
And if he keeps playing like that, we will have a stud CB for a while

A lot of his development has been done by his Dad, Chet Brooks. Short NFL career in SF but won 2 super bowls. Now a DB skills coach and trainer so no surprise that Terrance was ready for game action early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

lYes I like Brooks. But we were talking about moving up by work and practice. Fourth string is not much movement.

He wasn't fourth string. That is exaggerating the point.

Brooks was developed during his time to the point where we are looking forward to seeing him in a full-time role. You like him because he was developed and improved.

But no, development doesn't mean you move out one of the best backs in UT history or the clear leader of the team. I'm surprised I have to say that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

But how many knee bruises do you ever hear about affecting a football player? I can't recall any.  Same reason players were the smallest thigh pads possible too.

Protecting the knees in football is all about preventing the ligament injuries.

Because knee caps never get injured, right? I survived one of those injuries. Even today, that knee cap moves around like a hockey puck.

lol, the most difficult bone in the body to break is the thigh bone. If you're going to ditch one of the two pads, ditch that one. The knees need protection.

Yes, there are a lot of ligament injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

And he didn’t do anything to hurt our feelings besides change pictures on Instagram like 100s of others do and dropped a few passes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

Some guys feelings get hurt more often than 13 year old girls.  It’s absolutely baffling.

Of course, everyone knows that competition does one of two things. It either brings out the best or the worst in people, fans and players.

Be the former.

Hook ‘em!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

Last year, he was known for clutch catches and touchdowns.

This year, he was known for his drops, incomplete routes, not extending his arms or body to make a catch, not adjusting to the ball – things he did the previous year.

Which one are you talking about specifically? lol

I don't think he hurt anyone's feelings. We don't know him that well. I think we get tired of the games, wanting to transfer, then not, then does, then not. Its gone on for quite some time. Its a ploy to gain attention and more or less creates a disinterested group of folks, also the story line in the boy who cried wolf. Towns folk weren't angry, they were just tired of the schtick.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Worthy, we are just tired of his immature, selfish actions. He is a super talented young man who is acting very petty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

New coach and new QB! If coach is displeased bench him. If QB is displeased throw to some one else.

Pretty sure he’s had the same head coach both years. The coach he came to Texas to play for and why he switched his commitment from Michigan I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Huskie1 said:

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Worthy, we are just tired of his immature, selfish actions. He is a super talented young man who is acting very petty.

C'mon man. Easy to forget that he's only 19. I got married when I was 19, but I dang sure wasn't mature then. I think he'll be okay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope the new group coming in next year light a competitive fire in him. Cook sounds really good so far.

on the other hand, hope worthy doesn’t poison the water for the new group.

Im betting Sark will figure it out pretty quick. Something along the line of “lead or get the hell out of the way”.

I do know that JaTavion was a leader on the Denton Ryan team. That dude knows how to lead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

I personally will not be the least bit bothered if he leaves 🤷🏿‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last year, he was known for clutch catches and touchdowns.

This year, he was known for his drops, incomplete routes, not extending his arms or body to make a catch, not adjusting to the ball – things he did the previous year.

Which one are you talking about specifically? lol

I don't think he hurt anyone's feelings. We don't know him that well. I think we get tired of the games, wanting to transfer, then not, then does, then not. Its gone on for quite some time. Its a ploy to gain attention and more or less creates a disinterested group of folks, also the story line in the boy who cried wolf. Towns folk weren't angry, they were just tired of the schtick.

 

Is coach Marion not " coaching him up"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Billybass said:

I hope the new group coming in next year light a competitive fire in him. Cook sounds really good so far.

on the other hand, hope worthy doesn’t poison the water for the new group.

Im betting Sark will figure it out pretty quick. Something along the line of “lead or get the hell out of the way”.

I do know that JaTavion was a leader on the Denton Ryan team. That dude knows how to lead.

It didn’t look like he was happy when people weren’t making plays. Go ge ‘em, JTS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, BWilk55 said:

A lot of his development has been done by his Dad, Chet Brooks. Short NFL career in SF but won 2 super bowls. Now a DB skills coach and trainer so no surprise that Terrance was ready for game action early.

Maybe a db coach in the future?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...