Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

44 minutes ago, Billybass said:

A helmet to the knee can hurt anybody. Hurts like hell with pads on. Can’t imagine without the pads. 
I actually hurt my knee one time (bruise) on a facemask. Was limping for a while

But how many knee bruises do you ever hear about affecting a football player? I can't recall any.  Same reason players were the smallest thigh pads possible too.

Protecting the knees in football is all about preventing the ligament injuries.

1 hour ago, Billybass said:

Terrance Brooks, yes. Thank you. That young man played a damn good game. 
As a freshman. 
Totally developed by our staff. 
And if he keeps playing like that, we will have a stud CB for a while

A lot of his development has been done by his Dad, Chet Brooks. Short NFL career in SF but won 2 super bowls. Now a DB skills coach and trainer so no surprise that Terrance was ready for game action early.

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

lYes I like Brooks. But we were talking about moving up by work and practice. Fourth string is not much movement.

He wasn't fourth string. That is exaggerating the point.

Brooks was developed during his time to the point where we are looking forward to seeing him in a full-time role. You like him because he was developed and improved.

But no, development doesn't mean you move out one of the best backs in UT history or the clear leader of the team. I'm surprised I have to say that.

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

But how many knee bruises do you ever hear about affecting a football player? I can't recall any.  Same reason players were the smallest thigh pads possible too.

Protecting the knees in football is all about preventing the ligament injuries.

Because knee caps never get injured, right? I survived one of those injuries. Even today, that knee cap moves around like a hockey puck.

lol, the most difficult bone in the body to break is the thigh bone. If you're going to ditch one of the two pads, ditch that one. The knees need protection.

Yes, there are a lot of ligament injuries.

48 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Re: Xavier Worthy

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Has he really hurt our feelings that bad?

And he didn’t do anything to hurt our feelings besides change pictures on Instagram like 100s of others do and dropped a few passes

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Do we really want to get rid of the receiver who, through their first 2 seasons, has the most TD receptions, the most total yards, and the most receptions of any wide receiver in history at Texas?

Some guys feelings get hurt more often than 13 year old girls.  It’s absolutely baffling.

Of course, everyone knows that competition does one of two things. It either brings out the best or the worst in people, fans and players.

Be the former.

Hook ‘em!

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Last year, he was known for clutch catches and touchdowns.

This year, he was known for his drops, incomplete routes, not extending his arms or body to make a catch, not adjusting to the ball – things he did the previous year.

Which one are you talking about specifically? lol

I don't think he hurt anyone's feelings. We don't know him that well. I think we get tired of the games, wanting to transfer, then not, then does, then not. Its gone on for quite some time. Its a ploy to gain attention and more or less creates a disinterested group of folks, also the story line in the boy who cried wolf. Towns folk weren't angry, they were just tired of the schtick.

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Worthy, we are just tired of his immature, selfish actions. He is a super talented young man who is acting very petty.

7 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

New coach and new QB! If coach is displeased bench him. If QB is displeased throw to some one else.

Pretty sure he’s had the same head coach both years. The coach he came to Texas to play for and why he switched his commitment from Michigan I believe. 

1 hour ago, Huskie1 said:

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Worthy, we are just tired of his immature, selfish actions. He is a super talented young man who is acting very petty.

C'mon man. Easy to forget that he's only 19. I got married when I was 19, but I dang sure wasn't mature then. I think he'll be okay. 

I hope the new group coming in next year light a competitive fire in him. Cook sounds really good so far.

on the other hand, hope worthy doesn’t poison the water for the new group.

Im betting Sark will figure it out pretty quick. Something along the line of “lead or get the hell out of the way”.

I do know that JaTavion was a leader on the Denton Ryan team. That dude knows how to lead.

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I personally will not be the least bit bothered if he leaves 🤷🏿‍♂️

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Last year, he was known for clutch catches and touchdowns.

This year, he was known for his drops, incomplete routes, not extending his arms or body to make a catch, not adjusting to the ball – things he did the previous year.

Which one are you talking about specifically? lol

I don't think he hurt anyone's feelings. We don't know him that well. I think we get tired of the games, wanting to transfer, then not, then does, then not. Its gone on for quite some time. Its a ploy to gain attention and more or less creates a disinterested group of folks, also the story line in the boy who cried wolf. Towns folk weren't angry, they were just tired of the schtick.

Is coach Marion not " coaching him up"?

9 hours ago, Billybass said:

I hope the new group coming in next year light a competitive fire in him. Cook sounds really good so far.

on the other hand, hope worthy doesn’t poison the water for the new group.

Im betting Sark will figure it out pretty quick. Something along the line of “lead or get the hell out of the way”.

I do know that JaTavion was a leader on the Denton Ryan team. That dude knows how to lead.

It didn’t look like he was happy when people weren’t making plays. Go ge ‘em, JTS!

On 1/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, BWilk55 said:

A lot of his development has been done by his Dad, Chet Brooks. Short NFL career in SF but won 2 super bowls. Now a DB skills coach and trainer so no surprise that Terrance was ready for game action early.

Maybe a db coach in the future?