Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

39 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Little confused by Worthy. If he is leaving, why bother playing in this game. He will get the same offer from Lincoln whether he played or not. No need to risk injury. I think he likes the keeping everyone guessing.

I don't think Ford on the other hand has made up his mind. He could improve his draft stock with another solid outing on tape so it makes sense for him to go ahead and play then see where the chips fall. 

Just one man's opinions. 

I agree,  either both plan on staying,  or are somewhat undecided. Being non commital could be them try to get a better NIL deal. If I was in their shoes and wanted to stay I would absolutely do the same. Remember the squeeking wheel gets the oil.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sounds like we'll be losing both Worthy and Ford.

Have you heard something?  What the hell am I missing here.  I thought things were good with Worthy now.  What has happened in the last week?

From the Cook article:

What happens with Worthy after Thursday? He wouldn’t say. But he views Thursday as an opportunity for his team to showcase what Sarkisian’s program is capable of.

“I feel like this is going to show the country what we have going on at Texas,” Worthy said.

That sounded promising to me.

7 minutes ago, texbound said:

Have you heard something?  What the hell am I missing here.  I thought things were good with Worthy now.  What has happened in the last week?

Both of them are saying exactly what you want a player to say, they are focused on the game. 
The coaches have been preaching all year on preparation and blocking out distractions. To me this is all it’s about. 

Worthy isn’t going anywhere else and Ford would be making a huge mistake hitting the draft after one good year. I doubt he would get picked in the first three rounds. Just my opinion 

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Little confused by Worthy. If he is leaving, why bother playing in this game. He will get the same offer from Lincoln whether he played or not. No need to risk injury. I think he likes the keeping everyone guessing.

I don't think Ford on the other hand has made up his mind. He could improve his draft stock with another solid outing on tape so it makes sense for him to go ahead and play then see where the chips fall. 

Just one man's opinions. 

Another thing, why change your number if you're only going to wear it once?

Of the two, Ford would be my first guess on coming back. LBs don't typically go high in the draft. He needs another year to stand out and become a household name.

51 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Both of them are saying exactly what you want a player to say, they are focused on the game. 
The coaches have been preaching all year on preparation and blocking out distractions. To me this is all it’s about. 

Worthy isn’t going anywhere else and Ford would be making a huge mistake hitting the draft after one good year. I doubt he would get picked in the first three rounds. Just my opinion 

Except, the mystery is the distraction. All this could have been put to rest when they were both asked directly by the press if they were coming back. In both cases, they refused to answer. So if anything, they're begging for some attention here or are honestly about to leave town.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

From the Cook article:

What happens with Worthy after Thursday? He wouldn’t say. But he views Thursday as an opportunity for his team to showcase what Sarkisian’s program is capable of.

“I feel like this is going to show the country what we have going on at Texas,” Worthy said.

That sounded promising to me.

Yes, promising, but still not a word about the future. What he shows there is that he cares about the national perception of Texas, which in itself is kind of a clue that he's staying.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

I like Joel Klatt and agree with him a lot. But not this time. 

Arch hasn't even enrolled. He has not even taken a practice snap.

Ewers showed early in the season what he is capable of. I think we'll see it return at the bowl.

Ideally, Arch redshirts and Murphy is your firm #2 guy next season.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Ewers showed early in the season what he is capable of. I think we'll see it return at the bowl.

Yeah. Klatt usually has good things to say about Texas but in this case he seems to be just stirring the pot for clicks. Either that or he just isn't sold on Ewers.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I agree with you on your ideal scenario, but I think Klatt is right. Look what that name alone did for recruiting. If Ewers doesn't perform well from now until Arch arrives, it will be in the back of his mind that Arch could come off the bench and take the job. I hope that's not the case, but it has to play in his mind that the leash could be much shorter than it was with Card.

56 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I agree with you on your ideal scenario, but I think Klatt is right. Look what that name alone did for recruiting. If Ewers doesn't perform well from now until Arch arrives, it will be in the back of his mind that Arch could come off the bench and take the job. I hope that's not the case, but it has to play in his mind that the leash could be much shorter than it was with Card.

This overlooks Murphy.  Can you imagine what the QB situation will be if Murphy gets to play in the Alamo Bowl and far exceeds that of Ewers?

Let’s remember that Sark himself said that he was opening up the QB competition.  IMO this is to push Quinn into really drilling down on his mechanics and to pressure him to step up and not be content with being QB 1.  Also it was stated by Sark that no one should assume that Arch will red shirt.  I think that Sark is going to pressure cook Quinn with Malik and Arch to see who rises to the top.  As coach stated the passing game is not up to par and that begins with the QB being able to make the right decisions and distribute the ball.  

As far as X goes I think he is getting back at all of the fans that were critical of his performance over this season.  Some of it may be legit but some might be unfounded.  I think he wants to go out and prove to everyone that he is that guy from last season and wearing his number 1 jersey is the first step to him Re-establishing himself as the dominate WR.  And for the record I think he does stay.