Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

IT reporting that sources tell them Bijan, RoJo and Overshown will not participate in the Alamo Bowl.

Sounds about right.  Was holding out hope that Rojo would give it one last go, but he deserves to sit back and relax.  He had a hell of a game to finish out his career.

Time to let Brooks, Keilen and Blue go crazy and see what they can do.

I am a little concerned about who is gonna play LB in that game.  Ford, Tucker-Dorsey (hopefully) Gbenda, T. Johnson, Jett Bush, D. Brown and Brockermeyer?

Eh, now that I wrote them out that isn't too bad.  Gbenda, Dorsey and Bush have all started at one point.  Is Brock healthy enough to pla?.  I think I saw him in some games.

20 minutes ago, texbound said:

Sounds about right.  Was holding out hope that Rojo would give it one last go, but he deserves to sit back and relax.  He had a hell of a game to finish out his career.

Time to let Brooks, Keilen and Blue go crazy and see what they can do.

I am a little concerned about who is gonna play LB in that game.  Ford, Tucker-Dorsey (hopefully) Gbenda, T. Johnson, Jett Bush, D. Brown and Brockermeyer?

Eh, now that I wrote them out that isn't too bad.  Gbenda, Dorsey and Bush have all started at one point.  Is Brock healthy enough to pla?.  I think I saw him in some games.

Jett Bush has been playing alot.

12 hours ago, Baron said:

IT reporting that sources tell them Bijan, RoJo and Overshown will not participate in the Alamo Bowl.

in the past I had very little respect for players skipping bowl games, but times have changed, I get that.I have no problem with Bijan, Rojo or Overshown skipping the Alamo bowl, they all earned the right, they have nothing left to prove collegiately. I thank them all for giving UT their all and being a good student off campus too

2 hours ago, Hiwood said:

in the past I had very little respect for players skipping bowl games, but times have changed, I get that.I have no problem with Bijan, Rojo or Overshown skipping the Alamo bowl, they all earned the right, they have nothing left to prove collegiately. I thank them all for giving UT their all and being a good student off campus too

I completely agree. What if they got badly injured? Could cost them a lot of money. 
Also, we are not playing for natty. Hopefully that will change in next couple of years.

with the announcement that Maalik Murphy is now the QB2, I realized where I had seen him play before, he played for a parochial school in a rough part of town known as Gardena Ca, they made a couple of deep runs into the playoffs, he has some size to him which I guess contributes to his reputation of having a gun for an arm. I can see why Sark has a soft spot for him, he played near where Sark played, HS ball in West Torrance, JC ball at El Camino CC before transferring to BYU

12 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

with the announcement that Maalik Murphy is now the QB2, I realized where I had seen him play before, he played for a parochial school in a rough part of town known as Gardena Ca, they made a couple of deep runs into the playoffs, he has some size to him which I guess contributes to his reputation of having a gun for an arm. I can see why Sark has a soft spot for him, he played near where Sark played, HS ball in West Torrance, JC ball at El Camino CC before transferring to BYU

I'm anxious to see Murphy play, especially since he's moved up to #2. Wright's no slouch. He may portal, but I hope he stays. 

We should find out just how good of a quarterback whisperer Sark is next year with Ewers and Murphy. 

2 minutes ago, UTfish said:

I'm anxious to see Murphy play, especially since he's moved up to #2. Wright's no slouch. He may portal, but I hope he stays. 

We should find out just how good of a quarterback whisperer Sark is next year with Ewers and Murphy. 

Ewers is winning the Heisman next year.   Sark will show up.

55 minutes ago, PTA said:

It's probably just a formality, but I will hold out hope until there is something official from The University.

I don't understand why all of this is a secret. Unless there is some indecision about what will happen.