Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

4 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

It said don’t expect him to play in the bowl game. I don’t know if Roschon is going to play or not. It may be Brooks and Blue doing most of the running. 

I hope he doesn't play if he's gone.  The bowl game means nothing compared to the money he's going to make as a round 1 RB.  I hope we get to see Murphy play some.

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

We don't match up well against this team, but with all the portal stuff, people going pro, and just plain motivation who knows. Bowl games lost their luster a long time ago. Hope we do well and get out of there without injuries. 

We are the faster and more talented team. They have strong QB play and good supporting cast. I'm hoping our pass rush can keep him off balance throughout the game.

There are plays to be made on that defense though.

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We are the faster and more talented team. They have strong QB play and good supporting cast. I'm hoping our pass rush can keep him off balance throughout the game.

There are plays to be made on that defense though.

I do like our offense vs their defense. I think their offense can put up a lot of points on our defense if we don't get to the qb. Should be a shoot out.

I think when they go to a 12 team playoff you are going to see more teams that didn’t make the top 12 not play. The sponsorship money is not going to be there to pay these bowls that are not in the playoffs and any player that is going in the draft is just not going to play. Plus the ones that are going in the portal that’s team didn’t make the top 12 is going to be out. Remember A&M opted out of that bowl game? I just think moving forward things are going to be a lot different and more teams will opt out. 

7 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Remember A&M opted out of that bowl game? I just think moving forward things are going to be a lot different and more teams will opt out. 

Aggy opted out then didn't make a bowl. Makes me think many of their players don't think they would make a bowl again next year.

15 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I think when they go to a 12 team playoff you are going to see more teams that didn’t make the top 12 not play. The sponsorship money is not going to be there to pay these bowls that are not in the playoffs and any player that is going in the draft is just not going to play. Plus the ones that are going in the portal that’s team didn’t make the top 12 is going to be out. Remember A&M opted out of that bowl game? I just think moving forward things are going to be a lot different and more teams will opt out. 

There's too many bowl games anyway. I'm ok not watching Middle Tenn St. play Northern Arizona in the ijustgothit.com or the Mcribisback bowl.

• TFloss32 changed the title to Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)