Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)


Baron
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Just to add to this. 

Bryce Young had already turned 20 prior to the start of his sophomore year when he won the Heisman. And he appeared in 9 games in his true freshman as a 19 year. 

Vince Young was 19 years old when he redshirted in 2002 and was 20 years old during his RS Freshman year. 

Trevor Lawrence is the exception to the rule here. He turned 19 only about a month into his true feshman year. And he also split playing time in the first 4 games before named the starter. 

Quinn Ewers is currently 19 years old and 9 months. 

Trevor’s team had 18 NFL draft picks in his first 3 years including 6 1st rounders. 
Neither of the two QB’s being compared walked in to a rebuild. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Trevor’s team had 18 NFL draft picks in his first 3 years including 6 1st rounders. 
Neither of the two QB’s being compared walked in to a rebuild. 

True but of those SIX first round draft picks what side of the ball did they play....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I would guess the players announce about time bowl practice begans.

I am with you in hoping all players play in bowl.

Can they participate in bowl practice and then elect to sit out?  In any case, I'm good with them sitting out.  Does playing in the bowl game count against games played for anyone that is trying to redshirt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coach Kwiatkoski's defense against his former team, I bet the Huskies are frothing at the mouth with the thought of going against Coach K's soft zone (prevent)...I dont think the Horns have faced this kind of a passing attack in awhile..I actually think the Horns may be the under dog when the line comes out later today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Anyone questioning the competitor or work ethic of Quinn Ewers, go listen to the Flagship podcast where they interveiwed his high school coach. 

QE came back early from injury his Junior year to try to help his team win state... I don't know that any of his issues this year are related to lack of competitiveness.

His high school coach said Quinn could “hit any blade of grass on the field.”  This proved to be true when he grounded the ball backwards.  I didn’t know he was being literal….. 

Just a joke.  Did anyone jump offsides? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

Coach Kwiatkoski's defense against his former team, I bet the Huskies are frothing at the mouth with the thought of going against Coach K's soft zone (prevent)...I dont think the Horns have faced this kind of a passing attack in awhile..I actually think the Horns may be the under dog when the line comes out later today

Looks like the Horns are -4.5 vs Wash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

Coach Kwiatkoski's defense against his former team, I bet the Huskies are frothing at the mouth with the thought of going against Coach K's soft zone (prevent)...I dont think the Horns have faced this kind of a passing attack in awhile..I actually think the Horns may be the under dog when the line comes out later today

Pressure.  We need pressure!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

Looks like the Horns are -4.5 vs Wash.

so the # 18 team (UT) is the favorite against the # 12 team (Washington).....I have never bet against my Horns to lose but something stinks about that line

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

so the # 18 team (UT) is the favorite against the # 12 team (Washington).....I have never bet against my Horns to lose but something stinks about that line

IMO, Washington isn't ranked well. I'd have them at 19 or 20.

More eye-opening was Texas being favored over KSU at KSU or favored over TCU.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, Washington isn't ranked well. I'd have them at 19 or 20.

More eye-opening was Texas being favored over KSU at KSU or favored over TCU.

 

Huskies beat THREE ranked teams this year and are 10-2, those two losses are one possession games against a VERY good UCLA team and a fluke against ASU....they should be 11-1...not sure how you see them at #19-# 20....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Can they participate in bowl practice and then elect to sit out?  In any case, I'm good with them sitting out.  Does playing in the bowl game count against games played for anyone that is trying to redshirt?

I do believe that the bowl game counts towards redshirting or not.

That said, I don't think any Texas player is sitting at 4 games played right now. The freshmen are either past that number already or below it. 2 guys I believe were at 3 gAmes PLAyeD prIor to Our LASt GAme bUT did not plAY. (ToDdler hElpiNG With my TYPING

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

Huskies beat THREE ranked teams this year and are 10-2, those two losses are one possession games against a VERY good UCLA team and a fluke against ASU....they should be 11-1...not sure how you see them at #19-# 20....

Other than SC who the media loves, and Oregon, the media generally do not give much credit to the PAC. Other than adding Utah, not sure they ever will. Hopefully we don’t overlook the Huskies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Huskies beat THREE ranked teams this year and are 10-2, those two losses are one possession games against a VERY good UCLA team and a fluke against ASU....they should be 11-1...not sure how you see them at #19-# 20....

Just by watching them play. I've seen two of their games so far this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

I do believe that the bowl game counts towards redshirting or not.

That said, I don't think any Texas player is sitting at 4 games played right now. The freshmen are either past that number already or below it. 2 guys I believe were at 3 gAmes PLAyeD prIor to Our LASt GAme bUT did not plAY. (ToDdler hElpiNG With my TYPING

200w.gif?cid=82a1493brqcybaxyf4ov8pz5e73

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Huskies beat THREE ranked teams this year and are 10-2, those two losses are one possession games against a VERY good UCLA team and a fluke against ASU....they should be 11-1...not sure how you see them at #19-# 20....

I wouldn't call UCLA a VERY good team. They're 9-3 (6-3 in conference), tied for third in that conference with four other teams ahead of them. And one of their losses, as you said, was to lowly ASU.

I don't see anyone saying we should be 11-1, though it's almost impossible that we're not. Should have beat Bama. Should have beat Tech. Should have beat TCU. But should have doesn't really mean anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I wouldn't call UCLA a VERY good team. They're 9-3 (6-3 in conference), tied for third in that conference with four other teams ahead of them. And one of their losses, as you said, was to lowly ASU.

I don't see anyone saying we should be 11-1, though it's almost impossible that we're not. Should have beat Bama. Should have beat Tech. Should have beat TCU. But should have doesn't really mean anything.

I watched EVERY UCLA game, their QB is an idiot, he cost them the USC game....I also think Chip Kelly will go after Card....UCLA beat Utah and the game really want that close

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hiwood said:

Huskies beat THREE ranked teams this year and are 10-2, those two losses are one possession games against a VERY good UCLA team and a fluke against ASU....they should be 11-1...not sure how you see them at #19-# 20....

I'll give you this . . their QB is in his 5th year, and he's played in all five years. He's the reason they've clicked as they have on offense.

TCU is a senior-laden team, as was OSU last year and Baylor as well. Experience, especially at the key positions, matters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'll give you this . . their QB is in his 5th year, and he's played in all five years. He's the reason they've clicked as they have on offense.

TCU is a senior-laden team, as was OSU last year and Baylor as well. Experience, especially at the key positions, matters.

 

I watched Dorian Thompson Robinson in HS in LV he played behind Tate Martell, ..the buzz was that Chip Kelly tried to talk him into turning pro last year , but he stayed, very athletic but seems to turn the ball over way too much in critical situations, against USC he had two INT's and a fumble which either led to scores or killed drives, UCLA should have beat USC, the Trojan defense was doing it with smoke and mirrors all year long, Utah exploited them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

I watched Dorian Thompson Robinson in HS in LV he played behind Tate Martell, ..the buzz was that Chip Kelly tried to talk him into turning pro last year , but he stayed, very athletic but seems to turn the ball over way too much in critical situations, against USC he had two INT's and a fumble which either led to scores or killed drives, UCLA should have beat USC, the Trojan defense was doing it with smoke and mirrors all year long, Utah exploited them

He will always be the focal point of any offense he is running. Read into that what you will. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TFloss32 changed the title to Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...