Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

31 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Orangebloods has their scholarship board back up along with a few comments and one very interesting observation. 

After taking Billingsley off, the number of scholarship players stands at 82. There are 14 seniors and 12 juniors listed. 

Four of the 12 juniors have indicated they are taking part in senior day activities tomorrow, J. Angilau, J. Whittington, B. Liebrock, and D. Richardson. And it's all but a sure thing that Bijan is gone. 

Now here is the interesting part. That leaves only 7 seniors on next year's team!

One update/edit. 

T'vondre Sweat is a senior but is not shown to be taking part in the senior day activities tomorrow. It is believed that he is returning?

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Does he still have his covid year?

247 says that Keondre Coburn, T'Vondre Sweat, Moro Ojomo, Jordan Whittington, Chrisitian Jones, and Roschon Johnson all have a covid year option, in addition to a few others that they did not name. Coburn's quotes sounded like he was very open to the possibility while Roschon's were just the opposite. Whittington seemed very non-committal one way or the other. 

And I'm guessing that Junior Agilau could possibly take a medical redshirt this year?

25 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

247 says that Keondre Coburn, T'Vondre Sweat, Moro Ojomo, Jordan Whittington, Chrisitian Jones, and Roschon Johnson all have a covid year option, in addition to a few others that they did not name. Coburn's quotes sounded like he was very open to the possibility while Roschon's were just the opposite. Whittington seemed very non-committal one way or the other. 

And I'm guessing that Junior Agilau could possibly take a medical redshirt this year?

Spot on NTG.  Just to add on, Coburn literally said he will take the advice from Coach Davis.  If he says he should come back, then he will come back; however, if Bo tells him to leave then he will go.

Angilau should really think about coming back (for his development).  Although, Texas has so many young, talented guys hungry to crack the 1st 5.  Center would be the only place for Angilau, imo.  Majors has a done a decent job, but Jr. could be an upgrade there.  Banks isn't moving, Connor will only be better next year, I expect Campbell to take the RG spot and Cam Williams to man the RT.

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

I’ll be surprised if Ford comes back. He’s had a true breakout season. Will be interesting to see what he hears as far as draft grade.

His speed will hold him back. I don’t think he will get a high grade.