Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

1 hour ago, Sunkist said:

We put out an egg against a weak D.  

They game planned us very well. Load the box and shut down the run. Make QE beat you with his arm.

And it worked. QE didn't answer the call.

This time, even I am puzzled as to why Sark didn't pull Ewers at the end of the 3rd when it was clear we weren't going to be much different with Ewers in there.

I am embarrassed...the team let me down, but what shames me is the posters on here....4 words for you...Take the loss pussies!

If we wanted it more we would have won. We didn't! Most on here are very astute, but we all act like this is a shock....freshman QB an three freshmen o linemen. 

Ok, they folded. .. against an undefeated # 4 ranked team. Too bad. The fact is Saban showed everyone how to defend us...simply hold and interfere every play. It is almost never called. It will never be until we earn respect. We need to quit whining and start whipping ass. I hope we start next week.

Ok...flame away...

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

I am embarrassed...the team let me down, but what shames me is the posters on here....4 words for you...Take the loss pussies!

If we wanted it more we would have won. We didn't! Most on here are very astute, but we all act like this is a shock....freshman QB an three freshmen o linemen. 

Ok, they folded. .. against an undefeated # 4 ranked team. Too bad. The fact is Saban showed everyone how to defend us...simply hold and interfere every play. It is almost never called. It will never be until we earn respect. We need to quit whining and start whipping ass. I hope we start next week.

Ok...flame away...

Embarrassed? Really? Did you play last night? The Texas players/coaches didn't want it more? I guarantee you the players and coaches wanted it more but sometimes things don't turn out how we want it.

The young men who played last night for Texas are doing something most of us on this board have never done, play football for the University of Texas. I know I never did, nor did I have the talent for them to even know my name.

I hate losing, I truly do but it happens. Nobody goes through life undefeated, nobody. I'm bummed and frustrated, I wished we would have won but we didn't. I'm not embarrassed now or have I ever been to be a Longhorn fan, even after sitting through the 66-3 UCLA game.

I agree with you on the stop the whining and start whipping a$$ comment. I could be wrong, but I see it happening quicker than others here do.

12 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

First proud of support staff for hornoring military with thecamo. pullovers.

But ifcoaching can nor afford to buy burnt orange or white, some  one start a fund for them. Old fashioned or not black has no place on a coaches back during game.

You are professional show it.

21 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Embarrassed? Really? Did you play last night? The Texas players/coaches didn't want it more? I guarantee you the players and coaches wanted it more but sometimes things don't turn out how we want it.

The young men who played last night for Texas are doing something most of us on this board have never done, play football for the University of Texas. I know I never did, nor did I have the talent for them to even know my name.

I hate losing, I truly do but it happens. Nobody goes through life undefeated, nobody. I'm bummed and frustrated, I wished we would have won but we didn't. I'm not embarrassed now or have I ever been to be a Longhorn fan, even after sitting through the 66-3 UCLA game.

I agree with you on the stop the whining and start whipping a$$ comment. I could be wrong, but I see it happening quicker than others here do.

Huh? I thought I said what you said. I was tagging on the bitch posters on here....not the team.

I can take the loss seen many in my life time. Defense played much better than I thought they could.

Offense no. Then I read on IT where Sark said his QB competed well.

That about does it for me no faith left in coaching will be no better next year. Unless Sark learns to adjust plays to combat what defense is doing. Also must make hard choises for team not one player.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They game planned us very well. Load the box and shut down the run. Make QE beat you with his arm.

And it worked. QE didn't answer the call.

This time, even I am puzzled as to why Sark didn't pull Ewers at the end of the 3rd when it was clear we weren't going to be much different with Ewers in there.

Thought never crossed his mind. QB compered well vs TCU.

I did not get to watch the game last night.  Just followed it on ESPN and my son's texts.  Did not think the O would put up an egg like that.  Expected much more. Based on the stats and my son it sounds like the OL got out muscled all night and played like a young OL.  Also sounded like the WRs didn't help Quinn out at all and that Quinn was off yet again.

Not sure what to think of QE right now.  I love his demeanor, but does not look comfortable with any WR.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

I did not get to watch the game last night.  Just followed it on ESPN and my son's texts.  Did not think the O would put up an egg like that.  Expected much more. Based on the stats and my son it sounds like the OL got out muscled all night and played like a young OL.  Also sounded like the WRs didn't help Quinn out at all and that Quinn was off yet again.

Not sure what to think of QE right now.  I love his demeanor, but does not look comfortable with any WR.

I thought Ewers looked comfortable with Whittington and Sanders. Him and Worthy are definitely off, looks like a combo of things. But they continue to force this. I am not sure if this is by design, or something Ewers is doing. Either way it has to clean up. Disappointed that Ewers didn’t look to any other receivers, especially Bijan on that wheel route. Game might have turned out differently if he had. 

13 minutes ago, 82Horn said:

I thought Ewers looked comfortable with Whittington and Sanders. Him and Worthy are definitely off, looks like a combo of things. But they continue to force this. I am not sure if this is by design, or something Ewers is doing. Either way it has to clean up. Disappointed that Ewers didn’t look to any other receivers, especially Bijan on that wheel route. Game might have turned out differently if he had. 

Too a point he was, with those guys... but, too much honestly. he forced way to many too them with bijan wide open on the check down. TCU wasnt even worried about the check downs, they werent within 15 yards of them most of the night. He straight missed bijan on the wheel wide opend to make it 17-10 then missed worthy on the 4th and goal from the 10 wide open in the endzone. 

2 hours ago, 82Horn said:

I don’t think last nights game hurt recruiting at all. The only thing that might have hurt is the Texas “fans” booing right before half. 

Sorry but that game was exhausting as a fan, that stadium was nuts and got nothing. Ewers look like crap missing wide open receivers, when he did hit the open receivers they dropped it. X showed absolutely zero effort, gave up on multiple plays that were a yard away or dropped multiple passes. Sark refused to run the ball, he’ll keilen didn’t touch the ball. 

defense played their balls off and the crowd gave them everything.

18 processions, 6 points that’s Iowa bad. You can be mad at the boos, but that was the worst game I’ve been to at DKR. Hell people were leaving the stadium when Barron picked up that fumble, and could care less because people knew if we did get it back the offense couldn’t score 

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I can take the loss seen many in my life time. Defense played much better than I thought they could.

Offense no. Then I read on IT where Sark said his QB competed well.

That about does it for me no faith left in coaching will be no better next year. Unless Sark learns to adjust plays to combat what defense is doing. Also must make hard choises for team not one player.

I don't know how he would have coached his way out of that one. Couldn't run the ball. Couldn't throw the ball. The only idea that comes to mind was the intermediate stuff seemed to be working, when we went to it. But even Sanders had the drops.

It was a collection of the worst performances we could have dreamed of. From QB to OL to WR & TE, we stunk up the place on offense. TCU has a fine defense and everybody gives Texas their best shot, . . but we made them look better than they were. 

The drops were devastating, both to a game plan and to morale. You must respond when opportunity presents itself. And we dropped it.

23 minutes ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

Sorry but that game was exhausting as a fan, that stadium was nuts and got nothing. Ewers look like crap missing wide open receivers, when he did hit the open receivers they dropped it. X showed absolutely zero effort, gave up on multiple plays that were a yard away or dropped multiple passes. Sark refused to run the ball, he’ll keilen didn’t touch the ball. 

defense played their balls off and the crowd gave them everything.

18 processions, 6 points that’s Iowa bad. You can be mad at the boos, but that was the worst game I’ve been to at DKR. Hell people were leaving the stadium when Barron picked up that fumble, and could care less because people knew if we did get it back the offense couldn’t score 

We were 1-11 on third downs.