Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

49 minutes ago, BruiseLee said:

I did rewatch some of the OSU game and Ewers definitely had a bad game.  I would have been fine with Card coming in to provide a spark or something, but there were also a few big throws that could have swung things the other way.  The one to Worthy in the end zone where Worthy stumbled in the end zone would have been a perfectly thrown touchdown.  The receivers do have to take a small part of the blame in it too.

Shhh, confusing some with rational thought can get ugly.😉

Brad Kellner(Texas Media) is only one that I think of in media  has layed the majority of blame  of OSU loss  on Ewers.  He also added  how the lack of adjustment  & how  to utilize RoJo-Bijan.  Said receivers  were running wide open. He added that 67% of  Texas losses were blown leads in 2nd& how can you not be concerned about this.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, Eastexhorn said:

Can you please list the very key positions where depth is needed.

Very easy to see. And we are talking having a junior an seniors starting, with freshman and sophomore’s pushing them.  Rush end, lb, safety and corner. That is just on defensive side. We have a lot of young depth, and we need edge rushers in a bad way. Lots of young potential players, however this is a building process. There will be growing pains.

14 minutes ago, 82Horn said:

Very easy to see. And we are talking having a junior an seniors starting, with freshman and sophomore’s pushing them.  Rush end, lb, safety and corner. That is just on defensive side. We have a lot of young depth, and we need edge rushers in a bad way. Lots of young potential players, however this is a building process. There will be growing pains.

Belive you are talking about number of talented players. Talented or not a player counts s depth at his position. There is plenty of bodies or depth at positions you mentioned.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:17 AM, texbound said:

I get what he is saying and I'm pretty sure he means quality depth.  Off the top of my head the OL, LBs, Edge and S positions are ones that need quality depth.  You can make the argument that OL has the depth now, but all of them are in the same inexperienced boat so it is not at a high quality level right now.  Next year, if they keep all of them, is a different story.

All very true. Difference when young lines on both sides gain some experience and become older players. Then fill in the young depth behind them. 

Just an observation after watching Ohio State against Penn State.  Ohio State never seemed to be content to run out the clock.  They stayed aggressive and ran their offense like it was the beginning of the game.  No 4 corners basketball stalling to run the clock out.  4 scores in 6 minutes.  I just wonder what could have been if Sark would have made the adjustments necessary and ran the offense like it was the start of the game in the second half of TTU and OSU games?  I wish we had that type of killer instinct, the kind that goes out and takes the heart of the opponent instead of trying to milk the clock for 2 quarters of football.

Signed 

Extremely frustrated 

Inside Texas did a piece yesterday judging position groups with an above par, par or below par grading system. Does anyone care to play along? My grades are as follows.

OL - Above par - Banks, Jones and Hutson  have far exceeded what any of us anticipated.

DL - Par - If you split thy tackles from the ends there is a marked difference. The DT's are finally playing to the level we thought they should. Edge continues to be disappointment. Thus the par grade.

QB - Par - This grade would have been higher earlier in the season. Ewers has had a really bad game and Card has been a decent back up.

LB - Par - This group has been a disappointment. Ford is the only player that has excelled with this group.

WR - Below par - The X-man has not lifted the defense the way we thought he would. JWhitt is hurt again and the young guys aren't picking up the slack.

TE - Above par - We have seen JT play. Nuff said.

DB - Below Par - I thought we would be much better on the back end. That is not the case. I'm thinking Jimmy Lake was the true mastermind at Washington.