Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I guess this question is as good here as anywhere else....

whats up with OG Hudson?  Is he redshirting?  I haven’t heard anything since his full body cramp.  

Pretty significant medical condition with him. Good chance you won’t see him this year as recovery time can be long. I’m sure the coaches are going to be cautious with him especially with what happened in Maryland.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this post has nothing to do with any UT sports, this is just me being proud of my daughter. She just got accepted into UT pharmacy school. Sorry for going off topic, but I had to brag a little. Bac

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life!   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I guess this question is as good here as anywhere else....

whats up with OG Hudson?  Is he redshirting?  I haven’t heard anything since his full body cramp.  

Herman had said a few weeks ago that they're working on a plan going forward, but as far as I know there haven't been any mentions of him by the coaching staff since early/mid October. Hudson already redshirted last year because of his knee issue he suffered against SJSU. I would imagine he could apply for a medical redshirt this year too so he wouldn't lose a year of eligibility, but I'm not 100% sure on the rules.

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't be surprised if he never sees the field again. It sounds like this was a recurring issue with him, and heat exhaustion is something you never want to mess around with. It's a real shame too, since he seems like a great kid and I honestly think he has the potential to be a star LG/RG here. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but the lack of updates over the past month doesn't bode well IMO.

2 hours ago, horninoregon said:

it was pointed out in another post by someone that it was actually Graham that messed up and lost contain while McCulloch went to the correct spot

I don't have a clue about what really happened but it sure looked like to me that McCulloch was the one that messed up. Another site, can't remember which one, says the same thing. But, again, I don't really know. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I don't have a clue about what really happened but it sure looked like to me that McCulloch was the one that messed up. Another site, can't remember which one, says the same thing. But, again, I don't really know. 

yeah, I have no way of knowing myself either...I rely on others to point out that kind of stuff...all I know is I'm still pissed it happened:angry:

9 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Serious question. Is Footwork King serious about what he posted? Because I'm not seeing that what he posted is all that great of an accomplishment. Of course, I don't always know that I'm talking about sometimes. 

Saying Jimbo has coached 3 first round QBs is a great selling point to HS kids. Even though these QBs didn’t excel at the next level doesn’t take away from the fact they were drafted in the first round. Jimbo allegedly got them NFL ready, after that it was on their new coach. 

15 hours ago, horninoregon said:

it was pointed out in another post by someone that it was actually Graham that messed up and lost contain while McCulloch went to the correct spot

I originally thought it was on McCulloch but it was indeed Graham's fault. Graham was responsible for outside contain, which he initially did.  When he saw Grier did inside, he went inside.  Had he continued his outside pursuit, Grier would have been forced back inside where McCoulloch would have been waiting..perfect defense, horrible execution

On 11/6/2018 at 9:21 AM, DBut82 said:

I originally thought it was on McCulloch but it was indeed Graham's fault. Graham was responsible for outside contain, which he initially did.  When he saw Grier did inside, he went inside.  Had he continued his outside pursuit, Grier would have been forced back inside where McCoulloch would have been waiting..perfect defense, horrible execution

Just an observation here but it looks like our DE's are either lined up head up with OT and lots of times maybe a shade inside of them. Seems like that would make it very difficult for the DE to have outside contain responsibilities. 

6 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Just an observation here but it looks like our DE's are either lined up head up with OT and lots of times maybe a shade inside of them. Seems like that would make it very difficult for the DE to have outside contain responsibilities. 

That's part of Orlando's system. The DE's play 4i which is the inside shoulder of the OT. 4 would be head to head and 5  is the outside shoulder.

Texas a Tech QB Bowman released from the hospital after 2nd partially collapsed lung.

Bowman “will rejoin team activities [Thursday] morning”; it’s expected that Bowman will be unable to play in this Saturday’s game against Texas because of the issue.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/texas-tech-qb-alan-bowman-released-from-hospital-after-second-partially-collapsed-lung/

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

From earlier today. Dane is one of the best when it comes to draft coverage and analysis. While things can certainly change once the season concludes its interesting that this is taking place. 

I don't know anything about Dane, but it seems to me like he's reading too much into the fact that no juniors are being honored for senior day. I would take that to mean that none of the possibly-NFL-bound juniors have made a final decision, which seems to be exactly what we knew before.

Also, it sounds like there's at least 1 scholarship junior (Cameron Townsend) who will be honored on Senior Day, so I guess he's forgoing his final year of eligibility.