Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

We are fighting a two headed monster. The team blowing leads in the second half is one thing, but giving our opponents confidence that we will fold is equally important, IMO.

McGuire told his players that Texas would fold in the second half and to just keep plugging. Did we really "fold", or did they just play harder because they truly believed we would based on past performance?

47 minutes ago, texbound said:

I just don't see that.  You're entitled to your opinion, but that one game did not do anything to sway my 7-5 to 8-4 prediction for the year. 

Same thing could be said for OU.  Didn't they just give up 40+ points at home to a KST team that put up 10 points against mighty Tulane?  That must mean OU's defense is horrible.  

Stats don't prove anything. They're just used to confuse people.

Throw the stats out the window and play the game.

5 hours ago, texbound said:

The old mantra still stands, "We suck until we don't"

I wonder what msgs boards will be like if Texas wins the next 2 games and is sitting at 4-2?  

Imo, the Texas loss to TT was a hiccup and I still believe this.  Sure, the ghosts of the past rose up for one game on the road, but they weren't there the previous 3 games.  Shit, the last 2 times Texas played in Lubbock it took 2 miracles by Sam E. to pull out a victory.  Really not an easy place to play for this team.

Why isn't anyone on OU's doorstep calling for BV's head after losing at home to KST, a team that lost the previous week at home to Tulane?  Imo, that was a worse loss than TT for Texas.  Sure, KST plays OU tough, but can't the same be said for TT against Texas?  Previous times in Lubbock support that.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, yes, we suck until we don't, but can't we wait until after BlowU before we start the fire Sark chant? 

Did you see the K. St. OU game?Almost unbeliveable both teams had an offense in forth Q. K. St. QB hade alife time game. If he plays like that in remaining games, the heisman winner will not be named Young.

I read on BON the speculation about Ewers playing, Based on that I am more/less optimistic that Ewers is getting closer to playing. The way I read all the blah,blah,blah was that Ewers has been practicing throwing for the last 3 weeks. That sounds great until they go on to say he has yet to throw a hard pass. WTF? That makes it sound like he is no nearer playing than he was 3 weeks ago.

Does anyone have even a guess? In spite of JD telling me how great Card is( and I do admire the kids heart) I doubt we will ever be better than average at best while he is in there. I mean like ranked in the top 30's

It is hard to an old timer to look at the rankings and seeing Kansas and Kentucky ranked ahead of us. Worse yet, I agree with those rankings...

51 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I read on BON the speculation about Ewers playing, Based on that I am more/less optimistic that Ewers is getting closer to playing. The way I read all the blah,blah,blah was that Ewers has been practicing throwing for the last 3 weeks. That sounds great until they go on to say he has yet to throw a hard pass. WTF? That makes it sound like he is no nearer playing than he was 3 weeks ago.

Does anyone have even a guess? In spite of JD telling me how great Card is( and I do admire the kids heart) I doubt we will ever be better than average at best while he is in there. I mean like ranked in the top 30's

It is hard to an old timer to look at the rankings and seeing Kansas and Kentucky ranked ahead of us. Worse yet, I agree with those rankings...

Sounds like QE threw hard on Tue. and felt more pain on Wed. from it? I assumed he was starting, but it sounds like he's not ready. 

4 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

We're also just as capable of losing to anyone left on our schedule. 

So we're capable of losing. We're capable of winning. 

Ya'll need to get your heads out of the sand here and take some anti-depression meds – WE'RE GOING TO KICK MOUNTAIN AGGY'S ASS!

Texas 52

WV 10

Bank on it

• TFloss32 changed the title to Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)