Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

8 hours ago, Ntx dog said:

anyone see 7 wins here?

No. I think we're staring at 3-9 or 4-8. I wouldn't bet on us as the favorite for any of the remaining games on the schedule this season. Every team we play wants to win more than we do. 

43 minutes ago, zion3d said:

Team is pissed off.  Wow, why didn’t they start the season that way.  

Pissed off ? Just means WVA is gonna hang 40 on us. Their running game is better than tech. Thay have a freshman rb who is a hoss and their qb looks like a typical lights out big xii qb.  Hope im wrong but 7-9 under sark tells me otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Pissed off ? Just means WVA is gonna hang 40 on us. Their running game is better than tech. Thay have a freshman rb who is a hoss and their qb looks like a typical lights out big xii qb.  Hope im wrong but 7-9 under sark tells me otherwise.

Can't argue with your logic. 

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Getting pressure or the lack thereof is a huge part of the defensive issue.  We don't really have anyone like an Ossai that can consistantly get to the QB.  We make all of the average QB's look like 5 stars.  Terrible that we have had so much time to get this figured out either with the transfer portal or defensive scheming but alas we are still not seeing QB sacks and disruptions. 

20 minutes ago, zion3d said:

The numbers would seem to indicate otherwise. According to these numbers, getting pressure isn’t the issue. Finishing with the sacks is the issue. Ultimately one would think we will eventually start getting the QB down or force errant throws. Kind of like a hitter that consistently hits line drives. Odds are they will start falling. Guess time will tell.

10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Mr. Body language always clutching his play sheet needs a little help. I got this, sending him a highlighter for plays that work. We score touchdowns and never run the plays again. 

sark.thumb.jpg.423c03215ba8c06d054a7dd0bc996a02.jpghighliter.jpg.630ca83af3ed0f5b8aa6bd9757b8938b.jpg

Wait, I didn’t think Sark showed emotion? No, wait, he showed too much emotion Saturday when he screamed at a player who lined up wrong and cost a timeout. Maybe we would be happy if he just flipped off the cameras: All the Saturday couch coaches know a lot more about coaching at Texas than he does. Maybe he will take a poll asking the fans and media what plays to call and how to coach better.

im not really sick guys if you didnt notice though eye roll GIF

I agree that the WVU game is critical to win.  I don’t see that we will beat OU Sucks so not winning against WVU would make us 2-4.  Then things begin to reach critical mass.  

The administration has to be hoping that Sark can get it together because they have tied their horses to his wagon.  And with Arch waiting for a ride I don’t see a way they will get rid of him if things implode again.  Bottom line is as Sark goes with his job so does Manning.  The admin would have to be okay with losing both of them. 

This is all speculation just like trying to predict the games but running scenarios of what could happen is a product of years of systematic abuse by a fledgling football program.   Sorry but I am not an optimist when it comes to the Longhorns.  I am always worried about them losing and blowing a lead.  I remember when no matter who it was I had confidence and certainty that they would take care of business and win.  That is a memory from long ago.

CDC said he always has 3 resumes handy to replace a coach.  Giving him more credit than he deserves, maybe he is playing chess with getting Patterson on board at Texas.  Possibly he is hedging against things going south and if they do enter Patterson an experienced in program head coach.  If CDC is playing shoots and ladders I would love to see who those 3 resumes for the head coaching position are.

29 minutes ago, zion3d said:

not winning against WVU would make us 2-4.  Then things begin to reach critical mass.  

I think the answer is the Big Cigars will allow losses and more sub 500 seasons as long as their Coach is coaching and their QB is playing, whether that is QE or Arch.

They want to be right with their big spending more than winners.

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/longhorns-coach-steve-sarkisian-what-texas-needs?

"More specifically, Sarkisian has once again become the subject of ire across the Texas fan base.

So does he deserve it? 

Well, yes.

Despite not having his starting quarterback, the loss in Lubbock is an inexcusable one."

"

In short, talent and culture-wise, Sarkisian has the Longhorns well on the right track.

Again, that does not excuse the blown leads. Quite the opposite in fact. However, they also do not mean he isn't the right man for the job.

Those issues are simply the next step in this program's extremely complicated, multi-faceted rebuild.

With that said, if those shortcomings persist over the remainder of the season, and into Year 3, without much sign of a continued upward trajectory, there will eventually be a breaking point for fans and administration alike. "