Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

I’m not calling you out… only posting your apology on Twitter, lol.  

The apology should have been public… if it wasn’t.  

Should be in person and public.  At least he made some effort.

Everyone has to be “first” without checking if their correct.

16 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

Im sorry, but that is shitty and unprofessional journalism at it's finest right there.

1st and foremost, whoever reported it first should've done some basic common sense work. 

Why was Demo 4 hrs away from campus the day after a night game?  Legitimate reason could be to go see his newborn.  Double check that with a phone call

Was he on campus sunday morning for film and or walk through?  Again, double check with a simple phone call.

If he was on campus he likely wasn't 4hrs away getting arrested.  Easily verified with F'ing common sense. 

Shit like this won't stop unless there are repercussions for defaming someone before you verify the information.  Shitty journalism.  Very unprofessional and just shitty journalism.....did i already say that one.

Do other universities have journalists that are just looking for reasons to report bad news and create turmoil?  Texas sure as hell does.  Granted, we don't need sunshine pumpers, but maybe ones that look to be the 1st to get it right and not the just the 1st.

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I haven't had a chance to look at the rule in detail, but someone said Harris was "defenseless" which I don't understand considering he had the ball in his hands and could see Overshown coming right at him.

8 hours ago, dssl said:

I think most people don't understand that the rule has changed,  and almost nobody knows how the new rule will be interpreted. I would guess the officials were given some guidelines.  This wouldn't have been targeting last season.

Here is the new rule:

link: https://brobible.com/sports/article/reaction-ncaa-rules-update-defenseless-players/

The relevant part may be:

• Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

I don't know how they expect him to tackle.  He didn't crouch first, or lower his head. All he did is essentially ran into him to tackle him and since they were both upright there heads hit.

If the suspension isn't overturned hopefully there will be some clarification on exactly how the QB can be tackled in this situation. 

@dsslthat is one of the "indicators of targeting". Which you could argue is the case on the DO tackle. 

But you first have to either have 1. leading with crown of helmet or 2. hitting a defenseless player in the head or neck area. plus at least 1 indicator of targeting.

DO didn't lead with crown, and what he have heard from Sark is that the QB was deemed defenseless.

I really don't think Harris was defenseless. He is pulling the ball down and trying to scramble. Could be considered defenseless if throwing the ball or even in a throwing posture with eyes down field.

3 hours ago, Huskie1 said:

He did apologize and explain himself somewhat.

Part of the deleted tweet was the police report and it did have today's date on it as the booking date and showing the incident date as some date in July I think. How the police report was so wrong, I'm not sure. Chris did have some first hand data to support his claim, it just happened to be very inaccurate for whatever reason.

It was crappy journalism for sure. He's tried to make some amends at least.

9 hours ago, texbound said:

Im sorry, but that is shitty and unprofessional journalism at it's finest right there.

1st and foremost, whoever reported it first should've done some basic common sense work. 

Why was Demo 4 hrs away from campus the day after a night game?  Legitimate reason could be to go see his newborn.  Double check that with a phone call

Was he on campus sunday morning for film and or walk through?  Again, double check with a simple phone call.

If he was on campus he likely wasn't 4hrs away getting arrested.  Easily verified with F'ing common sense. 

Shit like this won't stop unless there are repercussions for defaming someone before you verify the information.  Shitty journalism.  Very unprofessional and just shitty journalism.....did i already say that one.

Do other universities have journalists that are just looking for reasons to report bad news and create turmoil?  Texas sure as hell does.  Granted, we don't need sunshine pumpers, but maybe ones that look to be the 1st to get it right and not the just the 1st.

There’s a reason I like this site.  It’s free!!!  I’m not begged for $9.99 all year long to get info about stuff 6 hours before anybody else.  Those guys that work for pay sites are wrong a lot because they’re trying to draw in subs.  I won’t pay 10 cents to find out some of the info they post.  It’s all over the internet within hours of the first report anyway.  I’ve gotten more recruiting info right here than anywhere, and week to week stuff for free.  I personally think the subscription driven sites are killing the business.  I love this site as is

7 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

@dsslthat is one of the "indicators of targeting". Which you could argue is the case on the DO tackle. 

But you first have to either have 1. leading with crown of helmet or 2. hitting a defenseless player in the head or neck area. plus at least 1 indicator of targeting.

DO didn't lead with crown, and what he have heard from Sark is that the QB was deemed defenseless.

I really don't think Harris was defenseless. He is pulling the ball down and trying to scramble. Could be considered defenseless if throwing the ball or even in a throwing posture with eyes down field.

Harris was looking down field getting ready to pass , then he sees Overshown coming and pulls the ball in at the last moment. 

I'm no rules expert but In the link it reads differently then what you describe. Hopefully when they make the ruling they will explain exactly why it is or is not targeting. 

If the targeting isn't overturned I will be most interested in the explanation of what Overshown should have/could have done differently. 

4 hours ago, dssl said:

Harris was looking down field getting ready to pass , then he sees Overshown coming and pulls the ball in at the last moment. 

I'm no rules expert but In the link it reads differently then what you describe. Hopefully when they make the ruling they will explain exactly why it is or is not targeting. 

If the targeting isn't overturned I will be most interested in the explanation of what Overshown should have/could have done differently. 

What makes this call even worse is the fact that it wasn't called on the field but by the replay booth. They had several chances to see it and probably in slow mo. It was a terrible call, it should be overturned but I don't think it will be.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, java said:

Are you certain that is not the old case that was walked today?

Yes, it was confirmed it was related to the old case from December.

I was just guessing at why he was in Van Zandt County at the time.

53 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

lol, a county that once proclaimed its independence from Texas – the Free State of Van Zandt it was called.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:17 PM, TFloss32 said:

Happy for him, but are we sure he was even our best D player this week? The 2 notable plays on the day were the Pik 6 where the receiver was open and got overthrown and the Halfback pass for a TD over his arms ..

Ford had 15 tackles. 

6 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Arp is just in the next county over. Smith County.

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Looks like 2024 for us going to the SEC. I don't know what it would take for UT, OU to make the move next season or if the SEC would be open to it now that the schedule is out.

Or we'll have to wait the whole thing out.

Do we even know yet what division/pod we'd be in?