Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

12 minutes ago, dssl said:

They being the crowd or the team? I would assume he is talking about the players,  but the tweet is ambiguous. 

To clarify he mentioned the crowd and the team...but ultimately it's on the team to provide the energy. He did say that the crowd was great

40 minutes ago, dssl said:

They being the crowd or the team? I would assume he is talking about the players,  but the tweet is ambiguous. 

Again, Anwar needs to add a little context.  Sark said he could feel the energy just wasn't the same as the Alabama game. It's a minor point, but it puts it in context.  Completely understandable the energy wasn't at the same level as Alabama.  No way it can be.  He didn't say it was horrible, just not the same level.

3 hours ago, texbound said:

Wow!

Also, Anwar said he was starting to mount Bevo which is misleading.  The video shows the guy didn't even get over the gate before he was pulled back.  Come on man, report stuff correctly.

First is more important than correct.

2 hours ago, Drb522 said:

First is more important than correct.

Yes, but in this case Anwar said he had already seen the video. He had all the info he needed to report first and correct. Instead he sensationalized what actually happened. 

His tweet did get a lot of action, which is probably what he wanted. I'm glad the video got posted so we could see what actually happened.

57 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Yes, but in this case Anwar said he had already seen the video. He had all the info he needed to report first and correct. Instead he sensationalized what actually happened. 

His tweet did get a lot of action, which is probably what he wanted. I'm glad the video got posted so we could see what actually happened.

I was being sarcastic actually….

3 hours ago, Drb522 said:

I was being sarcastic actually….

Oh, I picked up on that. Was just pointing out that in most instances, folks try to be first without all the info and sometimes get it wrong. Here, Anwar had all the info but still got it wrong, seemingly for clicks.

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

Oh, I picked up on that. Was just pointing out that in most instances, folks try to be first without all the info and sometimes get it wrong. Here, Anwar had all the info but still got it wrong, seemingly for clicks.

Ahhh, just stupid then

12 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

The greeting between the 2 coaches lasted a really long time. Anybody read lips?

Sark: You gave us quit a scare. Great game plan

Traylor: Ya, we knew we needed to come out fast and try to sustain it. That Bijan kid is a stud. 

Sark: Your QB gave us fits. Talk about a stud.

Traylor: He is the motor to our team. Things have changed a bit since I was here. The atmosphere sure is different.

Sark: CDC is doing great things, how did they let you go?

Traylor: The other guy was a jerk.

Sark: I've heard that. BTW, looks like the Big 12 is looking for more schools, maybe you guys should apply.

Traylor: That's a great idea. Think aggie will appeal to the NCAA about a UT in the SEC and the Big 12? 

Sark: Not sure but its 9:33 and OU still sucks.

Not direct quotes but you get the idea.