Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Thursday is awfully early to make a decision on a starter, there are still 2-3 days left to heal since it's a late game. 

Regardless of Card's condition, we don't need to make the mistake like we did with Gilbert and not get him some meaningful snaps before we really need Wright. It is Card's right ankle, his plant foot, and without it his power is greatly diminished. I can't imagine him throwing with mostly arm strength would be better than Wright on 2 good legs.

So much depends on the type of injury, which we don't really know. This out of conference game is the one game left on the schedule that doesn't ruin our conference championship plans if we lose. Giving Card another week could be huge to achieving our goals. Learning what we have in Wright, if he could get us through the whole game, would also be huge. Hell, if he shows up big in prime time he might be the man.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Thursday is awfully early to make a decision on a starter, there are still 2-3 days left to heal since it's a late game. 

Regardless of Card's condition, we don't need to make the mistake like we did with Gilbert and not get him some meaningful snaps before we really need Wright. It is Card's right ankle, his plant foot, and without it his power is greatly diminished. I can't imagine him throwing with mostly arm strength would be better than Wright on 2 good legs.

So much depends on the type of injury, which we don't really know. This out of conference game is the one game left on the schedule that doesn't ruin our conference championship plans if we lose. Giving Card another week could be huge to achieving our goals. Learning what we have in Wright, if he could get us through the whole game, would also be huge. Hell, if he shows up big in prime time he might be the man.

I agree. If Card isn't 100%, don't play him. He will take a sack and then we risk losing him for the season. I'd hate to lose this game but I'd would hate to lose Card for the season and then go into conference play with a 3rd stringer and walk ons.

1 minute ago, Bear19 said:

Drb.  Where are you seeing that?

Smoaky.com…..  one of those guys has been accused of posting here under a different name.

i used to venture over to texags for a good laugh every now and then.  It got to where it would give me a headache so I quit.  I bet you would see it there.  

Poached from OB:

Here's what they "used to" do to treat it.

Here's a bucket of ice water.
Next to it is a really hot whirl pool.

Put your foot in the ice water for 5 minutes. Then in the hot whirlpool for 5 minutes.
Then back into the ice water for 5-- then whirlpool for 5. You do this for an hour.
It fvcking sucks.

Bad.

Then you do 30 min of electric stem. Shock the sh!t out of you. Then they take this deep heat treatment silver thing and rub it on you with jelly.

Then back to the ice and whirlpool for another hour.

You do this sh!t all day until you want to die.

Then that late afternoon they wash your ankle with baby shampoo and clean it off real good, then paint your ankle with this horse lintament called DMSO. You taste garlic in your mouth.

Go to bed, wake up, do it all over again.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Poached from OB:

Put your foot in the ice water for 5 minutes. Then in the hot whirlpool for 5 minutes.
Then back into the ice water for 5-- then whirlpool for 5. You do this for an hour.
It fvcking sucks.

Bad.

Then you do 30 min of electric stem. Shock the sh!t out of you. Then they take this deep heat treatment silver thing and rub it on you with jelly.

Then that late afternoon they wash your ankle with baby shampoo and clean it off real good, then paint your ankle with this horse lintament called DMSO. You taste garlic in your mouth.

Don’t do that as much anymore but certainly still do parts of that. Now they make you move the joint much more than before to remove stiffness. 

Old school thought was to move it as little as possible to allow recovery when going from heat to cold treatment. Now you move it much more. 

6 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Poached from OB:

It fvcking sucks.

Bad.

Ahhh, you quoted “Clob”, former Longhorn player from the’90’s. Pretty much knows his stuff.