Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)

Baron

11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I hate to use stats this early in the season to make a point, because the competition plays a large part in that. But,

Ewers has 2 TD's, 1 int.,359 yards,69.4% on 36 attempts, 1 over 40, 1 sack

Card has 0 TD's, 0 int, 182 yards, 66.7% on 27 attempts, 1 over 40, 5 sacks 1/2 game injured

Personally, I always thought Clint Longley should have been the Cowboys starting qb after he brought them back when Staubach was hurt and Garrett was way better than Aikman after the Thanksgiving win against GB. Why oh why do coaches continue to go with the qbs who perform at a high level for multiple weeks over the ones that shine for a brief moment as an injury replacement?🙄

I don't agree with @Johnny Deppand definitely give him a hard time at times, but at the end of the day, he's welcome to his opinion. I may not agree with it, but as long as he's not getting abusive with his language and behavior, he can voice that opinion...and I'll be waiting to counter that opinion. 😉

11 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but rumor on another site is Murphy isn't healthy because he hurt his wrist on a scooter. I really hope that's not true.

Disappointed GIFs | Tenor

Those scooters are dangerous. My son chipped a tooth, sprained his wrist, and scraped up his face pretty bad on a scooter.  The front tire went into a hole and the tires are too small. It happened at 1AM in the morning traveling between his dorm and his girlfriends dorm. I told him I wasn’t so sure the scooter was the only thing at fault. He just smiled. 

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

I don't agree with @Johnny Deppand definitely give him a hard time at times, but at the end of the day, he's welcome to his opinion. I may not agree with it, but as long as he's not getting abusive with his language and behavior, he can voice that opinion...and I'll be waiting to counter that opinion. 😉

Have fun with that. lol

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but rumor on another site is Murphy isn't healthy because he hurt his wrist on a scooter. I really hope that's not true.

Disappointed GIFs | Tenor

ohh....it is true and Sark is NOT happy about it. You could tell from his terse answer when someone at the press conference asked if we might now see Murphey against UTSA.

52 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Those scooters are dangerous. My son chipped a tooth, sprained his wrist, and scraped up his face pretty bad on a scooter.  The front tire went into a hole and the tires are too small. It happened at 1AM in the morning traveling between his dorm and his girlfriends dorm. I told him I wasn’t so sure the scooter was the only thing at fault. He just smiled. 

Yep. Girls can definitely be dangerous, too.

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

a QB controversy exists only in the mind of one guy, and he is desperately trying to swing everyone to his way of thinking. All he has accomplished is to remove any credibility from any point he makes. Too bad really.

I agree that he has pretty much no credibilty But I recognized early on that @Johnny Depp is really not interested in being credible or swinging anyone to his way of thinking. I think he's more interested in saying outlandish things just to see what kind of reaction he can get. You know, kind of like a troll does, lol. 

I find his posts more humorous and entertaining than anything else and enjoy going back and forth with him. Especially when I'm bored and don't have anything better to do 😉

33 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

while we are just talking back and forth....did you see the youtube interview with Will Anderson where he said the Game at DKR this past Saturday was the LOUDEST game he had ever played in. So much for secsecsec intimidation.

I will try and find that to post.

It was awesome to see all the fans make their presence felt.

Historically our fans are fairly subdued for most games. Maybe with more big time SEC conference games this will become more of the norm. 

Does anyone have any current updates on the injuries to Card, Jamison and Bijan?  We all know Ewers is out this game or at least we all assume.  I saw a source rumor out there that Card took 1st team reps this week.  Then I saw another source rumor that he didn't.  

Have not seen an update on Bijan or Jamison.  Anyone hear anything?

NOTE: Certain people should not read into what I'm about to write.

I would feel more comfortable with Card under C this week than an unproven Wright.  Certainly would feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy Bijan on the field as well.

18 minutes ago, texbound said:

Does anyone have any current updates on the injuries to Card, Jamison and Bijan?  We all know Ewers is out this game or at least we all assume.  I saw a source rumor out there that Card took 1st team reps this week.  Then I saw another source rumor that he didn't.  

I would feel more comfortable with Card under C this week than an unproven Wright.  Certainly would feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy Bijan on the field as well.

I heard Card wouldn't engage until Thursday (today now). Thats when Sark is supposed to make up his mind on who starts.

I agree, Card is easily the least risk, if healthy. But I confess I am intrigued by what I hear about Wright.

Bijan is fine and can play. Haven't heard a thing on Jameson.

7 hours ago, texbound said:

18 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

while we are just talking back and forth....did you see the youtube interview with Will Anderson where he said the Game at DKR this past Saturday was the LOUDEST game he had ever played in. So much for secsecsec intimidation.

I will try and find that to post.

We spent a lot of money adding the South seating. we should have a similar advantage at the new basketball arena, everyone says the acoustics suck for concerts, that's because it's built to reflect noise.

With 7 home games, even with the blue haired crowd up front ( I resemble that remark) if we can keep the crowd in the game, it is huge for the defense. The Bama penalties and confusion being unable to communicate well were no accident.

• TFloss32 changed the title to Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-Recruiting)