Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Steve Sarkisian: Quarterback battle between Hudson Card, Quinn Ewers  'tight' - On3

Card: "Whatever you do, don't look to your left. There's this guy, @Johnny Depp. He's sitting outside the fence, watching us throw. No! Don't look or make eye contact!"

Ewers: "Hudson, you okay?"

Card: "No man. He got rid of Casey and sent him to rot away at Nebraska. He's going to try and ship you away too."

Ewers: "But I'm not going anywhere."

Card: "That's what they all say, Quinn. That's what they all say..."

27 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Click on your name in the upper right corner and of the options listed, select "Ignored Users". There you where enter their name and select it. You can choose what to block, I select everything.

I would like to thank you. I have been trying to figure this out for a week

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Most fans here called for a sound defeat, hoping to stay respectable. I posted the "Stomp a mudhole in Alabama's ass" that turned out more true than most. 

Because I see things differently doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan than those who had no hope in the team, or Card for the last 2 years. I said he'd show up, and he did.

I never mind healthy dissension and debate. As with most on this forum, I always have hope in the Horns and the staff as I have the past two until they proved not to be the answer. If this one proves that, I will hope for the next to be the answer. I'm an eternal optimist. Probably why I still play golf despite regularly carding double-digit positive scores. 

You are correct, he showed up on Saturday. That does not mean he was the better QB last year or is this year when all are healthy. Simply banging that drum incessantly on your part does not make it a fact.

2 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

I know we'll never get any apologies from everyone being so wrong about Card, he's still considered the red headed stepchild of the team to fans. I know not one of you has the balls to admit that I called Card's talent a lot closer than any of you, and this ride ain't over yet. For 2 years I have been called a crazy. Redemption is sweet. 

whos-the-crazy-one-now.jpg.fdb7035351925dde6cb8c9223aa18dbf.jpg

And now....., heeeerrrre's Johnny!!!

Stress Wtf GIF

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

I never mind healthy dissension and debate. As with most on this forum, I always have hope in the Horns and the staff as I have the past two until they proved not to be the answer. If this one proves that, I will hope for the next to be the answer. I'm an eternal optimist. Probably why I still play golf despite regularly carding double-digit positive scores. 

You are correct, he showed up on Saturday. That does not mean he was the better QB last year or is this year when all are healthy. Simply banging that drum incessantly on your part does not make it a fact.

Yeh this isn't Surly or Unhinged. I'm still on adrenaline from Saturday. 

We got us a bonafide QB controversy in the beginning of a important season and you don't want to talk about it? It doesn't get any juicier that this. Get some popcorn man.

QB1 Shows great potential and jumps right in front of a charging bull

QB2 Jumps onboard and keeps the train rolling with one wheel falling off

QB3 Had everyone checking the depth chart early in the 2nd half, headlines since, might start game 3

QB4 isn't ready to go, there isn't one

Everyone talking about Roshon and the Wildcat.

This is the kind of entertainment we hope for every year, join the party.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

We got us a bonafide QB controversy in the beginning of a important season and you don't want to talk about it? It doesn't get any juicier that this. Get some popcorn man.

QB3 Had everyone checking the depth chart early in the 2nd half, headlines since, might start game 3

There. Is. No. Bonafide. QB. Controversy. 

That is a complete and total figment of your imagination. And you do have quite the imagination. 

12 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

There. Is. No. Bonafide. QB. Controversy. 

That is a complete and total figment of your imagination. And you do have quite the imagination. 

I hate to use stats this early in the season to make a point, because the competition plays a large part in that. But,

Ewers has 2 TD's, 1 int.,359 yards,69.4% on 36 attempts, 1 over 40, 1 sack

Card has 0 TD's, 0 int, 182 yards, 66.7% on 27 attempts, 1 over 40, 5 sacks 1/2 game injured

6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I hate to use stats this early in the season to make a point, because the competition plays a large part in that. But,

Card has 0 TD's, 0 int, 182 yards, 66.7% on 27 attempts, 1 over 40, 5 sacks 1/2 game injured

What point do you think you just made exactly? That Card is objectively worse? And you are right, the stats don't show the whole picture, the subjective assessment favors Ewers even more.

BTW, most of us think Card is a pretty good QB but you continue to paint us into the corner and ask us to argue why Ewers is better. 

19 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Ewers in the first quarter against Alabama is all you need to know and all you need to see. 

12 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

There's no QB controversy.  When healthy, it's Ewers job.  Card still can't feel pressure and the best part of his game is the intermediate game.  That wont cut it. (period)  Card is a tried and true backup QB...  Ewers arm is LIVE and there is no comparison to him on the Texas roster.

This is an attrition issue.