Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Let's take a reality check after the high we are all on.

Our defense is tied for 33rd in scoring.

Our offense is tied for 58th in scoring.

There are lots of other stats, but the scoreboard is what matters. Almost all of the Big 12 ahead of us. Bama may not be the dominant team they have been in the past? 

It was week 2, and one of those was the #1 team in the nation.

It really says nothing at this stage of the season. I suppose had we scheduled a full round of cup cakes you'd think we were the shitz.

The Big 12 does not matter until Big 12 play begins.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Honestly, AC joint issue on the non-throwing shoulder shouldn't hold him out for a lengthy period of time.  It's more about discomfort or him getting inured further.  Like Drew Breese said, Inject that sucker and lets go!

I'm in no way saying the next three games are a breeze, but the schedule sets up about as favorably as it could if you lose your QB.

It won't be easy, but it should be manageable if your defensive effort is anything like we saw on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Honestly, AC joint issue on the non-throwing shoulder shouldn't hold him out for a lengthy period of time.  It's more about discomfort or him getting inured further.  Like Drew Breese said, Inject that sucker and lets go!

Well, make no mistake, that left shoulder is not idle during a throwing motion. There is a "pull" action that assists the momentum going forward from the left side.

The pain will have to subside or he'll need to learn to live with it.

28 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I think it's mostly a strategy of Sark not wanting anyone knowing what's going on with injuries, but thought it was interesting that he included Ewers on that.

Not expecting Quinn until OU week, at the earliest, but maybe we get lucky. 

LOL, I know. Just a sad attempt to be funny.

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, make no mistake, that left shoulder is not idle during a throwing motion. There is a "pull" action that assists the momentum going forward from the left side.

No doubt, hence the reason I said lengthy.  Give it a couple weeks and get back after it.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

It really says nothing at this stage of the season. I suppose had we scheduled a full round of cup cakes you'd think we were the shitz.

and week 1 our starting offense played 2.5 quarters...

Offense rank would be better if we cashed in on our red zone trips against bama - that really hurt us. 

Nice to see that improvement from the defense - who at this point gave up 3 points as starters (after a turnover) in week 1 and only 20 to Bama. 

Reminder that Quinn is one tough son of a gun. Riley Dodge mentioned how he came back from double sports hernia surgery to play for SLC in the playoffs his junior year. He absolutely didn't have to do that but he gutted it out for his team. 

One big king of the cup cakes, Kansas, leads the stats at 55 ppg. So there' that. 

In college football today, cupcakes are dangerous. 

23 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

One big king of the cup cakes, Kansas, leads the stats at 55 ppg. So there' that. 

In college football today, cupcakes are dangerous. 

Against Tennessee Tech (FCS) and an OT against WVU where they scored 13 points - which is a pretty cool feat but after 2 games it's a bit early to be looking at average scoring.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Big news on Ewers . . . according to TFB "I was told this morning that the injury is not as severe as it initially appeared from those national media teams. Behind the scene, there is optimism Ewers could return sooner than 4-6 weeks."

I predict he will sit this week and be back for TT.