Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Some things that stuck out to me . . . 

1. Neither team had a turnover, whether it be fumble or interception. Thats wild, IMO.

2. Total yards was as close as the score. 374 for Bama, 371 for Texas.

3. Bama had 161 yards rushing, but 80 of that came on one play and was not indicative of their overall success (or lack of) on the ground.

4. Bama dominated the game in penalties, which surprised me. I thought we'd be the team with penalty issues, being young and all. But Bama had 15 for 100 while we had 5 for 30. Not too shabby.

5. We won the time of possession by a full minute. 30-29.

6. About 3-4 Bama players were celebrating by doing the Horns down when the gun sounded and players were coming onto the field. A video I saw on TikTok showed Saban yelling at them to cut that shit out. I respect him for that.

if the reports are true about Ewers being out 4-6 weeks you can pretty much write off this season

That changes things considerably..Card's ankle may be a nagging type injury that isn't going to get better without complete rest and no further trauma . I change my feeling that I posted on another thread. You have to consider Wright and Malik as our probable starters because you cant keep playing Card on a compromised ankle...Dont know a thing about the two other QB's but are they throwing types or dual threat types

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Some things that stuck out to me . . . 

1. Neither team had a turnover, whether it be fumble or interception. Thats wild, IMO.

2. Total yards was as close as the score. 374 for Bama, 371 for Texas.

3. Bama had 161 yards rushing, but 80 of that came on one play and was not indicative of their overall success (or lack of) on the ground.

4. Bama dominated the game in penalties, which surprised me. I thought we'd be the team with penalty issues, being young and all. But Bama had 15 for 100 while we had 5 for 30. Not too shabby.

5. We won the time of possession by a full minute. 30-29.

6. About 3-4 Bama players were celebrating by doing the Horns down when the gun sounded and players were coming onto the field. A video I saw on TikTok showed Saban yelling at them to cut that shit out. I respect him for that.

4. The refs missed two blatant pass interferce calls against bama too.  If those are called, it's a different game.

6. I saw that on Network TV.  As he was running out onto the field, he yelled as someone out of frame...something about "class" if I recall correctly.

42 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

if the reports are true about Ewers being out 4-6 weeks you can pretty much write off this season

That changes things considerably..Card's ankle may be a nagging type injury that isn't going to get better without complete rest and no further trauma . I change my feeling that I posted on another thread. You have to consider Wright and Malik as our probable starters because you cant keep playing Card on a compromised ankle...Dont know a thing about the two other QB's but are they throwing types or dual threat types

I've not given up yet. If yesterday's defense was for real and not a one off and if we can get Bijan going, I like our chances. But yeah unfortunately our qb will not be the best one on the field.

9 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

I've not given up yet. If yesterday's defense was for real and not a one off and if we can get Bijan going, I like our chances. But yeah unfortunately our qb will not be the best one on the field.

I agree we have to get Bijan going, I used to think 20 touches but now I think that number increases to 25, even if it means 20 rushing and 5 on pass plays, if Card is slinging it more than 15 times a game I think we are in trouble. Im a Card fan but they have to pick their spots with him which I think they did well on Sat

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

I'm sorry, I don't buy this one.  Pete's sources might be wrong here.  I've had a SC Sprain before in my life and I did have major discomfort with everything.  However, I saw a Quinn on the sidelines with a sling and he was laughing and seemed to be getting around fairly well.  Whereas when I had mine it hurt to even talk and breath for a couple of days. Didn't seem like he was in major discomfort.  Maybe I was just a wussy back then, but I did play a football game with a broken hand and I was a WR.

I just don't buy the doom and gloom by Pete.  Waiting for the next tweet by him saying his sources are telling him Quinn is in the ICU at the hospital and is in critical condition.

31 minutes ago, texbound said:

I'm sorry, I don't buy this one.  Pete's sources might be wrong here.  I've had a SC Sprain before in my life and I did have major discomfort with everything.  However, I saw a Quinn on the sidelines with a sling and he was laughing and seemed to be getting around fairly well.  Whereas when I had mine it hurt to even talk and breath for a couple of days. Didn't seem like he was in major discomfort.  Maybe I was just a wussy back then, but I did play a football game with a broken hand and I was a WR.

I just don't buy the doom and gloom by Pete.  Waiting for the next tweet by him saying his sources are telling him Quinn is in the ICU at the hospital and is in critical condition.

Yea I like this timeline much better 😬