Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)


Baron
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

It’s the Brockermeyer boys 2nd year. They are redshirt freshmen. 
Tommy will play at some point James is there because he’s Tommy’s brother. 
IF they hit the portal I would only be interested in Tommy.
I think Luke is the 2nd best of the three and if we hadn’t completely wiffed on recruiting LB’s the last few years he wouldn’t have ever seen the field. 

Also right, but if they had come to Texas, I believe one or both could have started last year and this year. There was a much better chance for early playing time at Texas for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Also right, but if they had come to Texas, I believe one or both could have started last year and this year. There was a much better chance for early playing time at Texas for sure. 

Maybe so, maybe not. I hear the larger Brock hasn't been the same since his shoulder injury. I think that happened at the end of his senior season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

It’s the Brockermeyer boys 2nd year. They are redshirt freshmen. 
Tommy will play at some point James is there because he’s Tommy’s brother. 
IF they hit the portal I would only be interested in Tommy.
I think Luke is the 2nd best of the three and if we hadn’t completely wiffed on recruiting LB’s the last few years he wouldn’t have ever seen the field. 

I think you are off on James. He started off as a 3 star type but ended the recruiting cycle a 4 star and in the top 200 overall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

huh?.....say what?.....please explain.

 

Acually....I was almost a smart ass and wanted to say all we wanted was a tackle...left tackle to be precise

 Just saying the brother in Orange ain't exactly killing it.

Middle linebackers in game 1, Ford had zero tackles, Bush had 2, and Brock had 1.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Just saying the brother in Orange ain't exactly killing it.

Middle linebackers in game 1, Ford had zero tackles, Bush had 2, and Brock had 1.

 

Ok. Shouldn’t engage but this is an ignorant take. It’s like you didn’t watch the game. Unless your name was Overshown, no one had more than two tackles because there was a lot of assisted tackling. You aren’t counting the assists. The DL overmatched the ULM offensive line. The average run until the 3rd string was in was about two yards a carry. Middle linebackers were assisting the DLs when needed just wasn’t needed much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Ok. Shouldn’t engage but this is an ignorant take. It’s like you didn’t watch the game. Unless your name was Overshown, no one had more than two tackles because there was a lot of assisted tackling. You aren’t counting the assists. The DL overmatched the ULM offensive line. The average run until the 3rd string was in was about two yards a carry. Middle linebackers were assisting the DLs when needed just wasn’t needed much. 

They'll get their chances soon enough then. 

Lot's of nit picks on game 1, but the scoreboard looked great. We can beat Bama, and nothing I'd like better after that Natty slipped away last time. Time to man up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

 

Lucky we got this guy from the portal! Oh wait, he was here last year and got overlooked.

Super stoked for the position, and him, to emerge. We don't need the QB to carry this team, support like this is crucial, and the running backs must be explosive.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Lucky we got this guy from the portal! Oh wait, he was here last year and got overlooked.

Super stoked for the position, and him, to emerge. We don't need the QB to carry this team, support like this is crucial, and the running backs must be explosive.

 

Got overlooked? In what way? He was a freshman who didn't have his head screwed on straight.

Apparently he locked in this offseason and that 5 star talent is shining. He wasn't ready for the show last season and trying to put that blame on Sark is ignorant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Lucky we got this guy from the portal! Oh wait, he was here last year and got overlooked.

Super stoked for the position, and him, to emerge. We don't need the QB to carry this team, support like this is crucial, and the running backs must be explosive.

 

Rumor has it by several ok coaches that the greatest jump happens from year 1-2. Seems to be happening for JT. Here’s hoping it does for Sark and Co. BEAT Bama!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Lucky we got this guy from the portal! Oh wait, he was here last year and got overlooked.

Super stoked for the position, and him, to emerge. We don't need the QB to carry this team, support like this is crucial, and the running backs must be explosive.

 

Overlooked. That's a good one, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Got overlooked? In what way? He was a freshman who didn't have his head screwed on straight.

Apparently he locked in this offseason and that 5 star talent is shining. He wasn't ready for the show last season and trying to put that blame on Sark is ignorant.

Yea, he didn't get overlooked. That's just Johnny D being Johnny D 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Rumor has it by several ok coaches that the greatest jump happens from year 1-2. Seems to be happening for JT. Here’s hoping it does for Sark and Co. BEAT Bama!!

Looking forward to my 2nd year. I feel like I can raise my game alot.😆

To think that JT Sanders just blossomed is cute. He probably grew 6 inches and gained 50 lbs. too. As weak as we were in the receiving corps, we just weren't using tight ends on the roster last year. Glad that's changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...