Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

13 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

We will never know with out a depth chart.

You'll know, on Saturday.

Depth charts given to media are pointless and a lot of coaches don't release them - Georgia, A&M and others didn't release them either.

Sark said he wanted guys to keep competing in practice to earn a spot.

8 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Now tell us how many FG attempts over 50 yards Dicker had and how many he made. 

Texas was down 10-0 when Arkie blocked the punt so we didn't exactly have that much momentum to go down the drain at that point.

And I'm not sure how accurate it is to say that momentum went down the drown considering that we outscored Arkie over the next 13 minutes or so of the game. . 

@Johnny Deppanswer the question. If you are going to post this drivel, at least be kind enough to follow up.

And I'll add, who has ever ranked college kickers based on 50 yarders? That's NFL Justin Tucker type stuff but certainly not a normal expectation from a college kicker.

2 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Sark said the details will be finished Sat. morning. Who and how much.

Also said the 1st 20 plays are scripted, and that's how he does it.... If you have a bunch of 3 and outs, that could be 7 possessions before adapting to the situation. Brilliant. It may however be better than our adjustments after halftime.

Do you remember how good our offense was at the start of most every game? That's because Sark was nails with his opening script. This is a common practice among offensive coordinators at all levels.

22 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

You'll know, on Saturday.

Depth charts given to media are pointless and a lot of coaches don't release them - Georgia, A&M and others didn't release them either.

Sark said he wanted guys to keep competing in practice to earn a spot.

My post above explained why I want a depth chart.

Doubt if players stop compbecause of a depth chart..

20 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

@Johnny Deppanswer the question. If you are going to post this drivel, at least be kind enough to follow up.

And I'll add, who has ever ranked college kickers based on 50 yarders? That's NFL Justin Tucker type stuff but certainly not a normal expectation from a college kicker.

If a coach knows his kicker can't do it consistently, he won't get many attempts. 

Momentum, everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Then kicked in the balls.

23 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Do you remember how good our offense was at the start of most every game? That's because Sark was nails with his opening script. This is a common practice among offensive coordinators at all levels.

Bijan 1st down, Bijan 2nd down, we saw it last year and we'll see it again. 

Just now, BWilk55 said:

I sure hope so...Only an idiot (see Tom Herman) wouldn't feed Bijan early, often and always.

No problem, the D will just load the box and come after the Freshman QB too on 3rd. Blitz city. What works against LaMon won't be the same against Bama.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

If a coach knows his kicker can't do it consistently, he won't get many attempts. 

Momentum, everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Then kicked in the balls.

Since you are avoiding answering, Dicker was 50% in his career over 50 yards, 4-8 (1-2 every year). There are only 25 NFL kickers who were over 50% last year. If there is a critique about Dicker, it has nothing to do with FGs >50 yds. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

No problem, the D will just load the box and come after the Freshman QB too on 3rd. Blitz city. What works against LaMon won't be the same against Bama.

What's your schtick exactly, other than trying to muddy up this message board with nonsense?

Sark's opening scripts were great last year. Sark's scripts feature Bijan but actually spread the ball around a lot too - including getting the ball to Bijan in unique ways including the passing game. 

If this is your posting style, I agree, you need to take it elsewhere. We have a good thing here without you.

1 minute ago, BWilk55 said:

What's your schtick exactly, other than trying to muddy up this message board with nonsense?

Sark's opening scripts were great last year. Sark's scripts feature Bijan but actually spread the ball around a lot too - including getting the ball to Bijan in unique ways including the passing game. 

If this is your posting style, I agree, you need to take it elsewhere. We have a good thing here without you.

We suck until we don't. Worst season in 50 years. Coach opens the season top 5 on the hot seat. But yeah, we were great. 

Defend it all you want, I expect much better. Put up or shut up.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

We suck until we don't. Not what we were talking about. Worst season in 50 years. Not what we were talking about Coach opens the season top 5 on the hot seat. Not what we were talking about, and also wrong. But yeah, we were great. Not what we were talking about

Defend it all you want, I expect much better. Put up or shut up.

The problem for sark wasn't the 20 play script, that was actually where we had a lot of success. 

You are correct, it was the half time adjustments - or lack thereof. 

29 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Since you are avoiding answering, Dicker was 50% in his career over 50 yards, 4-8 (1-2 every year). There are only 25 NFL kickers who were over 50% last year. If there is a critique about Dicker, it has nothing to do with FGs >50 yds. 

Honestly, I actually felt more confident with Dicker at around 45 yards.  The numbers probably don't support my rationale here, but I got nervous with him in the 30/45 range.  Almost as if he lost focus on those.  Who knows, revisionist history.

10 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

"What works against LaMon won't be the same against Bama."

I don't care what anyone says, that is some high-level football analyis right there 😉

11 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Bijan 1st down, Bijan 2nd down, we saw it last year and we'll see it again. 

On Texas's first possession of the game last year, Bijan ran on 1st down and 2nd down a grand total of one time. 

There were only 2 times total where Texas started the game with a run and 10 times with a pass. 

50 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

On Texas's first possession of the game last year, Bijan ran on 1st down and 2nd down a grand total of one time. 

There were only 2 times total where Texas started the game with a run and 10 times with a pass. 

You've got way too much time on your hands to research that. 😃 Me too. We all know how the rest turns out after the 1st play.

13 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

You've got way too much time on your hands to research that. 😃 Me too. We all know how the rest turns out after the 1st play.

I know I'm getting older and forgetting some things, but for some reason I thought Texas did very well in the first half and decent in the 3rd quarter last year. It was the 4th quarter that we collapsed.

yeah, we sucked last year but I'm not sure I would put the blame totally on Sark. I think we saw what some entitled players and players not buying into a 1st year coach's schemes. Now, were they the right schemes? I don't know but I do know we needed to clean house and for consistency sake quit firing coaches every couple of years.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Dang it NTG, must you constantly muddy the waters with logic and facts?😉

Seriously, please continue to do so. Makes sorting through some of the drivel tolerable.🤘🤘