Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

9 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Better, or more often?  If they want to chuck it down the field, Card can do that. No stats on the High Schooler, so we will see. If we don't commit to doing something besides running every 1st and 2nd down, it won't matter.

No, that's not something Card is known for and has struggled with. 

14 minutes ago, Wayne said:

What do you have against Quinn?  Is he dating Amber?

I wouldn't wish that bish on anyone. Hard to throw the deep ball with your fingertip cut off.🧑

Nothing against The Mighty Quinn. Just saying it's hard to say he's the deep ball Jedi when he has yet to throw a pass in college. He ain't skeered to send the rock, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I wouldn't wish that bish on anyone. Hard to throw the deep ball with your fingertip cut off.🧑

Nothing against The Mighty Quinn. Just saying it's hard to say he's the deep ball Jedi when he has yet to throw a pass in college. He ain't skeered to send the rock, that's for sure.

Well, it was the shitting her own bed that I could never get past.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yes, Card struggled, 3 for 13 over 20 yards. Not a big body of work. That doesn't make Quinn better, yet. We'll see soon enough.

The point wasn't that Ewers is demonstrably better, but he has an x-factor opposing DCs don't know how to handle yet. Teams will be forced to play the safeties back to start; whereas against Card they would play him the same way arkie did. It's the only way to change the defensive approach to Texas before the season starts. 

The unknown plays into Ewers favor this year the same way it did in Card's favor last year.  The risk is teams successfully shutting down the deep ball, and Ewers isn't able to work the middle of the field. But getting teams to back off to start the season should help kickstart the running game. Getting the running game established is the most important thing to accomplish right now. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

The point wasn't that Ewers is demonstrably better, but he has an x-factor opposing DCs don't know how to handle yet. Teams will be forced to play the safeties back to start; whereas against Card they would play him the same way arkie did. It's the only way to change the defensive approach to Texas before the season starts. 

The unknown plays into Ewers favor this year the same way it did in Card's favor last year.  The risk is teams successfully shutting down the deep ball, and Ewers isn't able to work the middle of the field. But getting teams to back off to start the season should help kickstart the running game. Getting the running game established is the most important thing to accomplish right now. 

Whatever we do, after Bama it will be exposed. I'll be pleasantly surprised if our coach diversifies, but I'm not holding my breath. I expect plain vanilla against LaMon, and hope we have some tricks for Bama.

It's much easier for the QB to be successful if they Oline isn't as porous as it was last year. It's easy to focus on Card's troubles last year and lose sight of this.

Hopefully this year the Oline will be improved,  and improve even more as the freshman Olineman gain experience. If that happens it will be much easier for the offensive skill players to showcase their talents. 

Everything's bigger in Texas.

It just doesn't make sense in this instance. If Card was the pick by sark, and the word leaked out but then boosters wanted Ewers, why would Sark and Co drop that nugget at the press conference the very next day?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just deny deny, get through the scrimmage and then at the next scheduled press conference say, well Quinn just really looked best on Saturday and we are going with him. 

It was a bad source that gave out some bad information and a media narrative started to take off. That needed to get squashed and they did that today.

37 minutes ago, dssl said:

It's much easier for the QB to be successful if they Oline isn't as porous as it was last year. It's easy to focus on Card's troubles last year and lose sight of this.

Hopefully this year the Oline will be improved,  and improve even more as the freshman Olineman gain experience. If that happens it will be much easier for the offensive skill players to showcase their talents. 

Card gets all the blame at Arky. Let's recap a few noteable's about our offense that day under Card:

J Whitt drops a TD

Dicker misses a FG

Dicker fumbles a punt inside the red zone

Robinson TD 3rd qtr.

Robinson stopped on 4th down

Card hit while throwing, ruled a fumble

Casey takes over 1 min left in 3rd 33-7

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/401282057

The two Texas quarterbacks combined to go 13 of 23 for 118 yards with no touchdowns. Star running back Bijan Robinson, like most of the Longhorns, was bottled up all night and ended with 69 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries.

The Longhorns’ 256 yards of total offense are their lowest since 2015. Asked about his quarterback situation, Sarkisian said "we’ll have to take a look at it.”

“Could we have blocked better? No question. Could Hudson have maybe played better? Sure he could have. Could we have ran better routes? Yes,” Sarkisian said. “So everybody takes a part in this thing, coaches included.”

I won't even talk defense. 

But, yeah, it was Card's fault.

1 minute ago, BWilk55 said:

It just doesn't make sense in this instance. If Card was the pick by sark, and the word leaked out but then boosters wanted Ewers, why would Sark and Co drop that nugget at the press conference the very next day?

Wouldn't it make more sense to just deny deny, get through the scrimmage and then at the next scheduled press conference say, well Quinn just really looked best on Saturday and we are going with him. 

It was a bad source that gave out some bad information and a media narrative started to take off. That needed to get squashed and they did that today.

Some are saying Sark was trying to smoke out a mole leaking info. I don't buy it. Sark STILL hasn't made an appearance in the biggest news of the season. Admin's never make announcements like this. Card was still sharing time with the 1st team. They had to stop the reports of Card looking better if they were going to pull a coup. Don't believe your lying eyes.

4 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Where was that mentioned? Sincerely asking because I must have missed that. Really puts an end to the meddling boosters argument.

It's based on QE's Insta. It doesn't prove no meddling, the Big's could have told him don't worry, we got this.

It's over apparently for the 1st snap. But it's also less than half a day from some very mysterious goings on, so worth discussing.

Card gets all the blame at Arky. Let's recap a few noteable's about our offense that day under Card:

J Whitt drops a TD

Dicker misses a FG

Dicker fumbles a punt inside the red zone

Robinson TD 3rd qtr.

Robinson stopped on 4th down

Card hit while throwing, ruled a fumble

Casey takes over 1 min left in 3rd 33-7

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/401282057

The two Texas quarterbacks combined to go 13 of 23 for 118 yards with no touchdowns. Star running back Bijan Robinson, like most of the Longhorns, was bottled up all night and ended with 69 yards and a touchdown on 19 carries.

The Longhorns’ 256 yards of total offense are their lowest since 2015. Asked about his quarterback situation, Sarkisian said "we’ll have to take a look at it.”

“Could we have blocked better? No question. Could Hudson have maybe played better? Sure he could have. Could we have ran better routes? Yes,” Sarkisian said. “So everybody takes a part in this thing, coaches included.”

I won't even talk defense. 

But, yeah, it was Card's fault.

Do you know any other subjects besides "Card got robbed" because I promise you that is getting old. Its all you did last time you were here and now here you go again.

Nothing has happened since you were last here that could or should change anyone's mind. What you must accept is Sark chose Thompson with a torn ligament in his passing hand over a fully healthy Card.

Give it friggin rest.

Some are saying Sark was trying to smoke out a mole leaking info. I don't buy it. Sark STILL hasn't made an appearance in the biggest news of the season. Admin's never make announcements like this. Card was still sharing time with the 1st team. They had to stop the reports of Card looking better if they were going to pull a coup. Don't believe your lying eyes.

I don't know, it seems obvious to me that Sark didn't want to have to answer the 1K questions this news would generate in a PC. Smart move, IMO.

Pull a coup? Seriously? 

Gottdam man, please learn that Card is obviously not as good as you wish he was. 

There is no conspiracy at QB on the 40 acres. lol

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Do you know any other subjects besides "Card got robbed" because I promise you that is getting old. Its all you did last time you were here and now here you go again.

Nothing has happened since you were last here that could or should change anyone's mind. What you must accept is Sark chose Thompson with a torn ligament in his passing hand over a fully healthy Card.

Give it friggin rest.

It's not even a full day since the QB selection, the most interesting part of the preseason. Are you even a fan?

18 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

And put up the worst record in 50 years, loosing 6 straight and at home to Kansas. Great Job Sark.

Sark was just doing what most of us would have - play his best QB.

If you want to get mad, get mad at Card. He's the one who didn't win the job against injured competition.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sark was just doing what most of us would have - play his best QB.

If you want to get mad, get mad at Card. He's the one who didn't win the job against injured competition.

He couldn’t bc Sark doesn’t run the team, is only doing what the Cigars want, and sucks as a a coach. That and Card is the greatest on the Forty since Vince. Johnny’s broken record seems to keep spinning.

Maybe we could start a Card family thread so this one and the game threads don’t get gummed up the same way as last year’s?

I’m, a fan of whichever one gives Texas the best chance. If it’s Card, great, if it’s Ewers, great but gee my knee Johnny’s shtick gets old fast.

9 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

Pulling a coup. That's a good one, lol.