Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

as a loyal Longhorn fan I promise to support Ewers at QB1...been a fan since well before most on here were born....bring on UL Monroe

and to all the "insiders" who said it pointed the HC they are serving crow at the Buffett ...and FTR I bought into them and thought it was HC too, guess I should know better

26 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Here it is, but my first thought was he's teasing an NIL deal.

I felt then and now, this was him saying he's QB1. He gets the 1st snap. 

The in between was confusing, a yo yo. Maybe a trial balloon? Card still taking 1st team reps.

Sark not speaking publicly is a bad look, whatever happened. He is the face of the program.

52 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I felt then and now, this was him saying he's QB1. He gets the 1st snap. 

The in between was confusing, a yo yo. Maybe a trial balloon? Card still taking 1st team reps.

Sark not speaking publicly is a bad look, whatever happened. He is the face of the program.

I'm curious if they just had to get the message out so that the media storm of Card as the starter would get put out quick. We don't need all the takes circulating, all weekend, that Ewers is 2nd string. 

I don't think Sark has any issue discussing this publicly, that has not been his MO since taking the job. He talks about the tough things straight forward and honest. 

31 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

I'm curious if they just had to get the message out so that the media storm of Card as the starter would get put out quick. We don't need all the takes circulating, all weekend, that Ewers is 2nd string. 

I don't think Sark has any issue discussing this publicly, that has not been his MO since taking the job. He talks about the tough things straight forward and honest. 

When do we hear from Sark? After they get their story straight? It was a shocker to have someone else make the most important announcement to be made this season. There was a reason "you could hear a pin drop", experienced journalists knew something was way out of order.

The narrative was definitely going the wrong way the last 24 hours. Having media popping up everywhere saying that Card has looked the best had to be stopped if he wasn't the guy. 

IMO Sark was told last year after Arky to pull the plug on Card, and that is why he stuck with Thompson with a broken hand for so long until it was unbearable. He assumed this year it was OK to make his pick, and just got told not to plug Card back in.

Since then, Sark has been riding shotgun in Ewers Aston Martin shooting Fireball I guess?

25 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

The narrative was definitely going the wrong way the last 24 hours. Having media popping up everywhere saying that Card has looked the best had to be stopped if he wasn't the guy. 

IMO Sark was told last year after Arky to pull the plug on Card, and that is why he stuck with Thompson with a broken hand for so long until it was unbearable. He assumed this year it was OK to make his pick, and just got told not to plug Card back in.

Since then, Sark has been riding shotgun in Ewers Aston Martin shooting Fireball I guess?

I’ll admit I said to pull Card during and after the game but I had no idea Sark heard me. Must have been the Alexia. 

When you have two QB’s competing and one of them is ahead in every metric except experience in the offense it’s not really a contest. 

4 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Nobody respected us deep, unfortunately.

By going with Ewers they have to respect the deep ball again, and defenses to start the season won't crowd the line. At least until he proves he can/can't make the throws, but they'll respect the gunslinger mentality in the beginning. They know he wants to throw it deep (plus that throw in the Spring game was a thing of beauty). This immediately helps the running game and should take some pressure off the line.

By all reports Card is better right now with the short to medium throws, but that just doesn't stretch the field. At arkie he got tighter as the game progressed, and without a decent line the rest of the season we got stuffed. Him being more mobile didn't help either with so much traffic in the backfield. 

Maybe Ewers isn't ready yet and Card has to come in at some point and take control... no knows at this point. But if you're Sark trying to figure out how to free up Bijan and help the line, hard to argue with putting in the guy that throws the deep ball better. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Sark didn't get told to do anything regarding the QB's. 

46 minutes ago, Captain Hookem said:

hard to argue with putting in the guy that throws the deep ball better. 

Better, or more often?  If they want to chuck it down the field, Card can do that. No stats on the High Schooler, so we will see. If we don't commit to doing something besides running every 1st and 2nd down, it won't matter.

Notes on team from TFB today . . . (Darius Terrell)

paraphrased

1. Banks has won the LT position. He's your starter.

Campbell's reps at OG have been increasing each practice.

Hutson looks to be the long-term answer at center.

Angilau will be eligible to return next year due to medical redshirt.

Starting OL 

Banks, Connor, Majors, Campbell, Karic

Rchon Johnson's dressing out but not playing. Supposed to be ready to go by the Bama game.

Brooks looks great in Johnson's absence.

Vernon Broughton is emerging and may have got himself a starting role. He's just on another level now compared to Coburn and Ojomo. Byron Murphy is starting the other DT spot. Watch out for Jaray Bledsoe. They say the rust is now gone. (hasn't played in 1.5 years)

Lots of talk about Jamison now playing on another level. Very aggressive this year. 

Thinks Cameron Dicker was overrated due to famous kick against OU one year. Thinks we may have actually upgraded at PK.