Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

8 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Seems a few are concerned Ewers isn't coming along as quickly as hoped. I think he just doesn't want to go against Bama😉 I hear Hudson relishes the chance to play Bama, not sure why..

Oh yeah, recruiting is about over, and I'm back. Got my good name back from Amber too.

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/13/texas-football-longhorns-hudson-card-quarterback-offense-2022-season/

Below is the content of your link in its entirety. This story was done by someone who didn't make a single phone call. 

Please tell me where it says anything about Bama. There is no concern shown by anyone about Ewers in the story.  It speaks specifically about Card and says nothing we didn't already know LAST YEAR.

wth?

"

Hudson Card is in the thick of the Texas quarterback battle. As we near a quarterback decision, it’s entirely possible that Card will win the starting job.

Quinn Ewers and Hudson Card have different skill sets. While we have detailed Ewers’ traits, Card has gone under the radar for much of the offseason.

The third-year quarterback from Lake Travis possesses some skills that could lead to success. Perhaps his best throwing trait is the ability to thread the needle in the middle of the field on intermediate throws.

Last season, Card hit Bijan Robinson on a skinny post in traffic in the opener against Louisiana. In the spring, Hudson found Ja’Tavion Sanders on a similar play.

While Card will likely struggle to complete the deep ball under duress, he could soften defenses in the intermediate passing game to Ja’Tavion Sanders down the seam.

Hudson’s consistent accuracy on short and intermediate throws could help Texas sustain drives."

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Below is the content of your link in its entirety. This story was done by someone who didn't make a single phone call. 

Please tell me where it says anything about Bama. There is no concern shown by anyone about Ewers in the story.  It speaks specifically about Card and says nothing we didn't already know LAST YEAR.

wth?

"

Hudson Card is in the thick of the Texas quarterback battle. As we near a quarterback decision, it’s entirely possible that Card will win the starting job.

Quinn Ewers and Hudson Card have different skill sets. While we have detailed Ewers’ traits, Card has gone under the radar for much of the offseason.

The third-year quarterback from Lake Travis possesses some skills that could lead to success. Perhaps his best throwing trait is the ability to thread the needle in the middle of the field on intermediate throws.

Last season, Card hit Bijan Robinson on a skinny post in traffic in the opener against Louisiana. In the spring, Hudson found Ja’Tavion Sanders on a similar play.

While Card will likely struggle to complete the deep ball under duress, he could soften defenses in the intermediate passing game to Ja’Tavion Sanders down the seam.

Hudson’s consistent accuracy on short and intermediate throws could help Texas sustain drives."

The 1st paragraph is my personal comment, some from FB this afternoon and some from a personal contact. Sorry if you mistook it as content from the article. Kinda funny it came out a few hours ago, after the scrimmage. I guess you called the author?

Are we going to have to butt heads all year again? This could be a lot more pleasant for you if you'd relax.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

This could be a lot more pleasant for you if you'd relax.

It's not like his response was like Amber. 😉 He just questioned the origin of information. Nothing personal. In time, we will all know who the starter is. Perhaps you should relax. 

18 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

It's not like his response was like Amber. 😉 He just questioned the origin of information. Nothing personal. In time, we will all know who the starter is. Perhaps you should relax. 

I think whoever starts will get destroyed against Bama, but we can hope. I'm scared for both of them.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

You mean like pigs did to Card . Hurt his poise.

Yep, Card got 2 games and out. His 1st game against LaLa ended up being the only ranked team we beat all year at year end. He was shell shocked for sure. Hopefully the game has slowed down for him this year. He really wants to play Bama to prove he has overcome that debacle. Coaches get 3 years, QB's get 2 games. Good thing we didn't give up after VY10's 1st year.

54 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yep, Card got 2 games and out. His 1st game against LaLa ended up being the only ranked team we beat all year at year end. He was shell shocked for sure. Hopefully the game has slowed down for him this year. He really wants to play Bama to prove he has overcome that debacle. Coaches get 3 years, QB's get 2 games. Good thing we didn't give up after VY10's 1st year.

lol, did you just compare Card to Vince Young?

You might want to tap the brakes there. lol

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Was Card ever thought of moving to TE.

He was an outstanding WR in high school before he got the QB gig. His knowledge of the offense is too valuable at this point anyway. Why would you give up on the #2 QB in his class, that was Sark's pick as starter after 2 games? 

53 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

He was an outstanding WR in high school before he got the QB gig. His knowledge of the offense is too valuable at this point anyway. Why would you give up on the #2 QB in his class, that was Sark's pick as starter after 2 games? 

You missed that one.  There was talk about moving Vince to TE.

5 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

Yesterday’s scrimmage was why I’m at 8-4. I’m looking for improvement this year. We might be back but can we show that we’re headed in the right direction. I’m not giving them anything above 8-4

Correction: Might not be back

18 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

Yesterday’s scrimmage was why I’m at 8-4. I’m looking for improvement this year. We might be back but can we show that we’re headed in the right direction. I’m not giving them anything above 8-4

Where have you seen reports on the scrimmage?  I thought it wasn't open to media sources? 

*serious question.  Not doubting you at all. 

I hate scrimmage reports.  You never know what your getting.  If the D dominates the O then you either take away that the D is awesome or the O is awful and vice versa. If reports say the D won some and the O won some then it's either both are really good or both are really bad.  No win situation, imo.

Just now, Austin Horn said:

But the OB and IT information isn’t encouraging. Fans have drink the koolaid. Reminder this team lost to Kansas. I don’t like practice reports but the information doesn’t sound encouraging to me. 

I don't have a subscription to either so i'm not privy to the information.  Did they state where they heard it from?  I just didn't think any outlet has been allowed to practices or a scrimmage yet. If it was from secondhand info, then there might be some nuggets of truth in there, but certainly not enough for me to get too high or low at this point.

Also, I agree that this team lost to Kansas so they suck until they don't.

8 minutes ago, texbound said:

I don't have a subscription to either so i'm not privy to the information.  Did they state where they heard it from?  I just didn't think any outlet has been allowed to practices or a scrimmage yet. If it was from secondhand info, then there might be some nuggets of truth in there, but certainly not enough for me to get too high or low at this point.

Also, I agree that this team lost to Kansas so they suck until they don't.

On the last part, there will be a time when we don’t have to say that. Right now can’t be that time .