Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

A lot of gimmicks over there. Now they have Anwar doing a drunk Uncle bit. Click bait and nothing else.

It reminds me of the morning ESPN model where you rely on hot takes instead of pumping out fresh content or promoting intelligent conversation, but I guess he's happy if subscriber numbers are bigger than others.

8 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

It reminds me of the morning ESPN model where you rely on hot takes instead of pumping out fresh content or promoting intelligent conversation, but I guess he's happy if subscriber numbers are bigger than others.

Inside Texas and 24/7 seem to frequently put out a lot of good info. On recruiting those guys put in the time and the travel. Gerry Hamilton drove from Orlando to New Orleans (10 hours) after the Baxter committment to be at Newman practive at 7am. 

Good team info, X&Os talk and behind the scenes info too.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT saying there's a decent chance he's kicked off the team and hinting that this isn't his first issue since getting to Austin.

Way too much talent to have issues like that.   Come on, get your shit together. Saw some highlights and #15, which i believe is him, looked really good.

11 hours ago, texbound said:

Way too much talent to have issues like that.   Come on, get your shit together. Saw some highlights and #15, which i believe is him, looked really good.

He had a catch that was very impressive in the video from yesterday, and then this...

Glad that it seems to be something as mild as parking boot removal. We don't know details about other issues he has been having on campus. 

Having a bit more information this morning, I'm more inclined to believe he isn't done for at Texas but it sounds like he really needs to turn it around to capitalize on his athletic opportunities.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Word is he's not a good practice player and tends to be lazy. So if you're wanting to get that out of your locker room, I suppose this is the chance to do that.

Sad to hear that. I would have thought Sark would have found that out while doing his homework on the guy before offering. The combination of repeatedly breaking team rules and a tendency towards being lazy doesn't seem like a fit into the culture Sark is trying to establish.