Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

37 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Hope I am wrong but belive team is still ayear away. Espically the defense.

The only way this team takes a step backwards is if the offense regresses. The defense was already at historically bad levels.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

I can't help but be excited for the upcoming season. We arguably have the best RB and WR rooms in the nation. We have a major talent at QB, the rating services haven't missed yet on a perfect score of 1.0. We are finally recruiting the type of O-line we had during the 2000 decade. We should be able to outscore most of our opponents if the defense fails us.

Speaking of which, the defense has nowhere to go but up. I can't help but think that another year in Kwiatkowski's system and an influx of talent and depth should make the defense better.

Remember, with most programs there always seems to be a significant jump in success from year one to year two.

Caesar's Sportbook has put Texas' O/U win total at 9. Think about that.

Of the 7 games we lost last year, all but Arkansas and Iowa State, had we been even just a smidge better team we likely win. So if anything moves the needle appreciably towards improvement, I don't see why 9-10 wins isn't doable.

45 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Of the 7 games we lost last year, all but Arkansas and Iowa State, had we been even just a smidge better team we likely win. So if anything moves the needle appreciably towards improvement, I don't see why 9-10 wins isn't doable.

Agree.

If we catch Bama at the right time and we're clicking on all cylinders, we have a shot at keeping it close. lol

But everything else is quite doable.

I fully expect to beat OU this year. Badly. My only fears are the times we could become complacent after winning some games or that team that makes us their super bowl and prepares half the season for our game.

Everybody we're leaving behind in the Big 12 has a target on our back.

3 hours ago, Baron said:

Speaking of which, the defense has nowhere to go but up. I can't help but think that another year in Kwiatkowski's system and an influx of talent and depth should make the defense better.

Remember, with most programs there always seems to be a significant jump in success from year one to year two.

Caesar's Sportbook has put Texas' O/U win total at 9. Think about that.

You forgot about the Patterson effect. Should pay dividends on game prep especially.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree.

If we catch Bama at the right time and we're clicking on all cylinders, we have a shot at keeping it close. lol

But everything else is quite doable.

I fully expect to beat OU this year. Badly. My only fears are the times we could become complacent after winning some games or that team that makes us their super bowl and prepares half the season for our game.

Everybody we're leaving behind in the Big 12 has a target on our back.

I saw ESPNs FPI had us as the favorite in all games except bama. Now, the margin was small in some games, like 55% vs OU. If you added all the percentages it came out to 8.9 wins. So, an objective data point that yes, we can win 11 of the 12 games.

Big congrats, Ivan! $1.8 million slot value but he is a very old prospect. I'm sure he will sign a little below slot but definitely made money coming back to school. Rarely see that these days. 

The Hispanic Titanic cruises on in the desert!

Pete Hanson goes 97th overall at the end of the 3rd round to St. Louis.

Silas Ardoin goes 107th overall, 1st pick of the 4th round to Baltimore.

Also, Texas loses a 3rd signee to the draft as Brenner Cox goes to Washington in the 4th round.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Is this a real photo? is Sark like 6'8" tall? Is Jimbo a certified midget?.....my god!....I cant believe aTm lets photos like this out into the public!

Sark is only a little over 6' tall. It was one reason he wasn't more highly sought out of high school. He was 6', 165 lbs back then. 

Murphy Stehly goes at pick 291 in the 10th round to Washington. Slot value of $155K.

Signee Wyatt Cheney also went in the 10th round. I think that makes it 4 signees that will go pro and not make it to campus.

Huge win though, appears we will get Jalin Flores (SS) and Jared Thomas (1B) to campus. Both should compete for immediate playing time in 2023.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sark is only a little over 6' tall. It was one reason he wasn't more highly sought out of high school. He was 6', 165 lbs back then. 

It’s pretty funny. Nick Saban is 5’ 6”. Jumbo Fisher lists himself as 5’ 10”. But there’s plenty of pictures of them standing next to each other. There can’t be more than an inch difference. That is why I call jumbo the hobbit.