Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, UTfish said:

The statement "won't cause any controversy" must have been tongue-in-cheek humor. Completely subjective call. Good luck with that one. 

Very much tongue in cheek.

Texas updated the roster with Heights/Weights for the 2022 signees:

Freshman O-Line

6'6" 337 - Malik Agbo

6'3" 321 - DJ Campbell

6'5" 303 - Cole Hutson

6'7" 374 - Cam WIlliams

6'4" 298 - Conner Robertson

6'5" 314 - Neto Umeozulu

6'5" 318 - Kelvin Banks Jr

2023 Commits

6'4" 300 - Jaydon Chatman

6'6.5" 345 - Connor Stroh

6'6" 280 - Trevor Goosby

6'6" 330 - Andre Cojoe

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Texas updated the roster with Heights/Weights for the 2022 signees:

Freshman O-Line

6'6" 337 - Malik Agbo

6'3" 321 - DJ Campbell

6'5" 303 - Cole Hutson

6'7" 374 - Cam WIlliams

6'4" 298 - Conner Robertson

6'5" 314 - Neto Umeozulu

6'5" 318 - Kelvin Banks Jr

2023 Commits

6'4" 300 - Jaydon Chatman

6'6.5" 345 - Connor Stroh

6'6" 280 - Trevor Goosby

6'6" 330 - Andre Cojoe

When I was a student in the early 80s, a 250 lb O lineman was pretty normal and anyone approaching 300 lb was thought to be fat and slow. My how times have changed.

3 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

When I was a student in the early 80s, a 250 lb O lineman was pretty normal and anyone approaching 300 lb was thought to be fat and slow. My how times have changed.

Lol. In the late '50s, anyone over 210lbs WAS fat and slow as far as we knew. Ernie Koy and Joe Ed Lynn were the exceptions that we knew about. Both were over 200lbs and ran sub 10sec 100yd dash. Played for Bellville. 

4 hours ago, UTfish said:

Lol. In the late '50s, anyone over 210lbs WAS fat and slow as far as we knew. Ernie Koy and Joe Ed Lynn were the exceptions that we knew about. Both were over 200lbs and ran sub 10sec 100yd dash. Played for Bellville. 

Picture below of Ernie Koy running 79-yards for TD against #1 Alabama and Joe Namath in 1965 Orange Bowl. That was his first of two touchdowns. This was the first Orange Bowl game played at night, and the first live national network telecast of a college football game during prime time.

university-of-texas-ernie-koy-1965-orange-bowl-january-11-1965-sports-illustrated-cover.thumb.jpg.c2e3c80a61c63a8918a560c6e9f788ab.jpg

I can't help but be excited for the upcoming season. We arguably have the best RB and WR rooms in the nation. We have a major talent at QB, the rating services haven't missed yet on a perfect score of 1.0. We are finally recruiting the type of O-line we had during the 2000 decade. We should be able to outscore most of our opponents if the defense fails us.

Speaking of which, the defense has nowhere to go but up. I can't help but think that another year in Kwiatkowski's system and an influx of talent and depth should make the defense better.

Remember, with most programs there always seems to be a significant jump in success from year one to year two.

Caesar's Sportbook has put Texas' O/U win total at 9. Think about that.