Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Some team notes from the Brainiacs, with mentions about the newcomers . . . paraphrased of course.

No leadership yet in the LB room. Jaylan Ford has been putting up great testing numbers since January. He's the most physically gifted LB in the room. Tucker-Dorsey has pushed the group a bit but a leader needs to emerge.

Overshown has been getting reps at Edge. Not sure how much he plays there. Coaches want as much speed on the field as they can get.

Byron Murphy has looked best out of all the interior DL.

A trio of freshmen have been performing exceptionally well. J'Mond Tapp, Kris Ross and Justice Finkley.

Finkley's body has transformed since arriving in January. He's living in the weight room and it's showing.

Ross has put up the best testing times for anyone at his position. He's been very impressive.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Some team notes from the Brainiacs, with mentions about the newcomers . . . paraphrased of course.

No leadership yet in the LB room. Jaylan Ford has been putting up great testing numbers since January. He's the most physically gifted LB in the room. Tucker-Dorsey has pushed the group a bit but a leader needs to emerge.

Overshown has been getting reps at Edge. Not sure how much he plays there. Coaches want as much speed on the field as they can get.

Byron Murphy has looked best out of all the interior DL.

A trio of freshmen have been performing exceptionally well. J'Mond Tapp, Kris Ross and Justice Finkley.

Finkley's body has transformed since arriving in January. He's living in the weight room and it's showing.

Ross has put up the best testing times for anyone at his position. He's been very impressive.

Glad to hear that our young guys are coming in ready to play and in better shape than when some of the veterans came in as young guns. Maybe that is why the staff knows the numbers better than anyone else for the `23 and `24 classes.

20 minutes ago, UTfish said:

This gets me pumped!

At my age, time flies by far too quickly, but it's 59 days till September 3rd and I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. 

Hook 'em!

It's about 39 days until you feel like football is back. There will be practices (reports) and position decisions and such. I can't wait.

38 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Poor O line play, worst defense in UT history, inability to finish, entitled athletes with lack of passion and indifferent to wins and losses. Oh my bad, were you being rhetorical?

Plus, a pattern of blowing big leads and folding in the 2d half that gave the opponents confidence in coming back. 

Uniform change

No secondary numbers on top of the shoulder pads now. They were first put on the jerseys after the 1977 season.

Additionally, they removed the Bevo from the front collar area.

Also, the burnt orange looks different, like it has more red in it. Maybe its the photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a56c2f24e738b794a8e0bec9a5983eb.jpeg