Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Was watching a broadcast on Fanatic Perspective where Hudson Standish said Tucker-Dorsey has lit it up in summer sessions. Ford and Gbenda excelling as well. Enough to move Overshown around to take advantage of the offense.

And out to the edge.

19 minutes ago, Baron said:

Was watching a broadcast on Fanatic Perspective where Hudson Standish said Tucker-Dorsey has lit it up in summer sessions. Ford and Gbenda excelling as well. Enough to move Overshown around to take advantage of the offense.

And out to the edge.

I read somewhere that PKs defense makes a pretty good leap in year 2 of his tenure.🤘

5 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I read somewhere that PKs defense makes a pretty good leap in year 2 of his tenure.🤘

I am very optimistic about this team and coaching staff when I hear these types of reports,  but then I remind myself I felt the same way many times in the last 10 years. 

Hopefully this year really will be different. 

2 hours ago, Baron said:

And out to the edge.

Excuse me forbeing asleep or lost but who is Tucker-Dorsey?

47 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Yes

emphasize the “burnt.”

Texas did have a PANTONE color designated and this helped keep the printed use of Texas burnt orange consistent. It really made things easier. But in recent years it seems we've changed the coloring, especially the jerseys, to a lighter version (which I don't care for).

I also want to say I hated the gold Bevo on the helmets. Just not a good look back then.

Maybe the color is just getting washed out of the jerseys, lol.

What is an edge? If it is a player on end of line of scrimage. it could be a DE, LB. CB or Safty.  aybe it another made up word like pitcher takes the bump to pitch.

Maybe it like the word dishes. First time I saw it thought they were giving away cups and plates like moyher oats usto do

Back to edge I thought it was something you put on a K-Bar or case. To set on the DPB to whittle on a cedar stick It a different world now days and not a whole lot better.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

What is an edge? If it is a player on end of line of scrimage. it could be a DE, LB. CB or Safty.  aybe it another made up word like pitcher takes the bump to pitch.

Maybe it like the word dishes. First time I saw it thought they were giving away cups and plates like moyher oats usto do

Back to edge I thought it was something you put on a K-Bar or case. Toaet on DPB to whittle on a cedar stick It a different world now days and not a whole lot better.

The K-bar and Case aren't made of the same steel that they were back then. Probably made in China now.

A couple of practice notes from TFB . . . . 

Devon Campbell brought his lunch pale to Austin with him. He's really impressing. He is the fastest OL we have, true athlete. Both he and Banks are standing out with their athleticism, which Texas has not had in years.

Cam Williams has been working over the summer. He is down below 360 now.

Connor Robertson, TFB says, will one day take over the center position. When he does, he'll be the most athletic center we've had in a while. Needs to spend more time in the weight room though.

Encouraging feedback on Cole Hutson and Hayden Connor. Connor will see lots of PT this season. Hutson is now almost 6'5 and 320 lbs.