Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Since we are in the football wilderness and can only generate a handful of posts with a 6'7" TE commit I'll put this out there.

Who will be the Longhorn leaders for tackles, sacks and int's?

Tackles - I think Ford becomes the run stuffing in the box LB we've been looking for.

Sacks - This has to be Collins unless Sorrell continues his upward trajectory.

Int's - Has to be a safety. Cook, although Jamison is athletic enough to jump routes in abundance.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Since we are in the football wilderness and can only generate a handful of posts with a 6'7" TE commit I'll put this out there.

Tackles - I think Ford becomes the run stuffing in the box LB we've been looking for.

Int's - Has to be a safety. Cook, although Jamison is athletic enough to jump routes in abundance.

Jamison has something to prove and is playing for a contract. I'd pick him to come off with more INTs.

Collins is a good pick, though I will choose Justice Finkley. Very focused kid, intense. He will have success.

If Ford is our leading run stuffer, it will be a good year. But I'll go with Overshown, who is also playing for a paycheck at the next level. He's got the tools and now finally has the experience to blossom this year.

20 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Jamison has something to prove and is playing for a contract. I'd pick him to come off with more INTs.

Collins is a good pick, though I will choose Justice Finkley. Very focused kid, intense. He will have success.

If Ford is our leading run stuffer, it will be a good year. But I'll go with Overshown, who is also playing for a paycheck at the next level. He's got the tools and now finally has the experience to blossom this year.

I can't argue too much with your choices other than Finkley is young, Ford was on Agent 0's six by a small margin and is younger and Jamison seems to be a wildcard.

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Alabama kinda sells itself.

I was being facetious. Kind of like when a coach wins 10 and loses 4 with one of the losses to Maryland and and you reward him with an extension.   You sell out an Alabama game early give the marketing department an extension for selling it out early. 

On 6/14/2022 at 7:15 PM, Baron said:

Okay, I'll play game. As long as there are no injuries:

Tackles: I agree with you on Ford. Betting Ford could be the closest thing to Gary Johnson from a couple of years back, but only of the front guys are truly doing their job.

Sacks: not certain, Collins,  Sorrels, Ovie, Finkley, Harris, and Tapp are all good DEs/edge guys.  I'll go with Ovie as he is a senior that has added muscle during the fall workouts. But could see anyone of these guys being major players if they develop and understand what is being asked of them.

INTs: give me Crawford and Barron over anyone else. Jamison gets burned more than he makes plays for me to pick him. Cook getting and Int. will be his 1st if not mistaken. But do like Cook at safety.

44 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Screenshot_20220620-212553_Twitter.jpg

44 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Screenshot_20220620-212553_Twitter.jpg

lBizarre movedoes not seem so to me.Know there was a injury but IMO bull pen was mismanaged and at times starters werenot ready to start Over all was a bad year for UT S pitchers.

CWS was a pitching disaster.