Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That is not good and will be used against us, time and again, this off season.

For eure they will try to use it against us. If Herman were still here it would be hard to argue against,  but considering these coaches have a history of putting many players in the league and many of the players on the current roster will obviously be drafted it shouldn't be too much of an issue. 

15 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That is not good and will be used against us, time and again, this off season.

I, for one, am NOT surprised no one was drafted. Only player that may have set the world on fire for a moment was Dicker the kicker.  I would have loved to have seen Kerstetter drafted just due to his dependability over his career at UT.  Even if someone was drafted in the late rounds, it still would be used against us.

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Yea, fans are happy to see a player gone that now has the opportunity to play in the NFL. Makes sense 🙄

The ones I was talking about was running down this player likewise his coach when he played.

7 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I must have missed something. What did these coaches to earn these extensions?

I'd say by the pure fact that never-ending coaching turnover being the root of our demise for a decade now is reason enough to keep some people around longer to create some sense of consistency and stability. 

16 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I must have missed something. What did these coaches to earn these extensions?

I suspect there are only 2 options,  extend or purge.  In spite of our record last year there is still plenty of optomism about the program,  so purging wasn't a reasonable option. 

18 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If it's any consolation, there are very few tweets that I don't need translated. But I'm not convinced that I'm missing anything either. 

Put it another way, I do better with English than I do with Tweets. 

Amen!

5 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If it's any consolation, there are very few tweets that I don't need translated. But I'm not convinced that I'm missing anything either. 

Put it another way, I do better with English than I do with Tweets. 

You are so modest, it almost betrays you. In my mind, there is nothing you can't figure out, especially with that strap-on slide rule, pocket thesaurus, and a roll of duct tape. Those three things take you very far in the intellectual realm.

8 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Great read. Recruiting players who want to play FOR Texas and not AT Texas will be key moving forward. In the world of NIL and Transfer Portal, having players that are committed to the team and not willing to go out and chase a bigger or better deal will help create stability. 

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You are so modest, it almost betrays you. In my mind, there is nothing you can't figure out, especially with that strap-on slide rule, pocket thesaurus, and a roll of duct tape. Those three things take you very far in the intellectual realm.

That reminds me. I'm getting a little low on duct tape. Thanks.