Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

17 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

All this is the people at ESPN looking at the current roster including the guys signed that will be here in June. But not anyone in the portal  that might join the class.  Then comparing our roster to that of other rosters that we might face regarding star rankings. Not what they have actually done to date, but what they could do. Seriously, take it for what it's  worth. Is Ewers the greatest generational QB of all time? Do we truly have the best RB room? Did we sign the greatest OL class of all time? How about thr DL line we signed? What  about the returning  DBs with the incoming class of DBs?

See it's  what they think we won't  know until the actual football games are played, but some  what to believe like that video from SHA that we really have a shot against Alabama. Really?  We could do great against the B12 opposition but not Alabama. 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Weighs more than 340.

They did not give specific weights on either Coburn or Sweat. They just said north of 340. Don't know if that's a little or a lot but I would expect both to be about that 340 weight right now.

This is interesting since OB`s current  roster list their current weight and Coburn is 336 and Sweat is 338. So, who knows who is right, but from what I heard is that both had to be around 335 for spring to keep their spot and closer to 330 or less by summer. 

The staff wanted both at 335 or less last year and that didn't happen. So, we will see if they truly have changed. 

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

One potentially significant note from the scrimmage today.

247 saying true freshman Cole Hutson started at RG.

I thought I read that Hayden Conner had moved to the tackle position allowing Hutson to vie for the guard spot. If so, it looks like the young guys are starting to develop. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Baron said:

I thought I read that Hayden Conner had moved to the tackle position allowing Hutson to vie for the guard spot. If so, it looks like the young guys are starting to develop. 

Conner was at tackle today because Karic had an ankle injury.

Hutson should be an interior guy regardless.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:40 PM, North Texas Golfer said:

"Y'all keep in mind this is just ESPN's rankings based on their FPI (football power index) formula."

TFloss, this is not aimed at you in anyway, but after reading that sentence, I don't know any more or any less than I did before I read it. Can you tell us exactly what that means? Thanks.

I think he was just pointing out that these rankings are created by some computer algorithm and not a human panel. Algorithms can be prone to error based on outliers.

Hearing that Sanders has been way better than Billingsley and earned the start at TE. Mildly surprised but not necessarily a bad thing. 

Part of me was hoping Billingsley would win the job going away and make Sanders an Edge rusher. Maybe we can add one in the portal like Mathis and all will be fine!

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Hearing that Sanders has been way better than Billingsley and earned the start at TE. Mildly surprised but not necessarily a bad thing. 

Part of me was hoping Billingsley would win the job going away and make Sanders an Edge rusher. Maybe we can add one in the portal like Mathis and all will be fine!

If we miss on Mathis, maybe one of the 10 will see the light and step up.