Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

On 4/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, TFloss32 said:

IT saying LB Jaden Hullaby was working with the RBs today.

He was originally signed as an H-back before moving to LB.

I don't know about his speed, but his size resembles a RB that Sark coached at SC. Lendale White.

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Bohls is out there saying Manning won't come to Texas.

Let me remind you how accurate he can be.

If I heard correctly Bohls asked Sark what two things aggravated him the most when it came to the secondary. His reputation is deserved.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

If I heard correctly Bohls asked Sark what two things aggravated him the most when it came to the secondary. His reputation is deserved.

Reporters should avoid home team bias but Bohls takes that much too far. I've never seen a reporter be so negative towards the team he covers. So obnoxious, the whole Austin American Statesmen team really.

1 hour ago, UT1983 said:

I ended my subscription to the Austin American Statesman years ago.  I don’t support their politics.  Remember it was Bohls that didn’t vote for Vince for the Heisman either.

I quit reading Bohls the day he snubbed Vince. The good thing is Vince proved he was the best that night in January. 

10 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Reporters should avoid home team bias but Bohls takes that much too far. I've never seen a reporter be so negative towards the team he covers. So obnoxious, the whole Austin American Statesmen team really.

Nailed it, great assessment. 

this is all you need to know about how much Kirk Bowles knows about football:

n Texas seventh spring practice, Steve Sarkisian has moved high school QB/LB Jaden Hullaby to running back. Got our first sighting of freshman QB Maalik Murphy, who is a strapping dude with good size. Almost Jalen Hurts-size. Back from leg surgery, he threw for the first time.

Yep....Ole Kirk may know his football, but he cant measure worth a crap. 
Jalen Hurts....6'1"
Malik Murphy..6'5"

3 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

this is all you need to know about how much Kirk Bowles knows about football:

n Texas seventh spring practice, Steve Sarkisian has moved high school QB/LB Jaden Hullaby to running back. Got our first sighting of freshman QB Maalik Murphy, who is a strapping dude with good size. Almost Jalen Hurts-size. Back from leg surgery, he threw for the first time.

Yep....Ole Kirk may know his football, but he cant measure worth a crap. 
Jalen Hurts....6'1"
Malik Murphy..6'5"

Bohl’s just couldn’t bring himself to say, “he’s a strapping dude almost VY size.”

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Answers some of the questions that many have been asking for the last decade plus about what’s wrong with the program. It hasn’t been all about talent level. I’m sure every program has similar issues. The great coaches are able to figure out how to work through, around, or in spite of them. Let’s hope our current staff has that in them and can get enough of the talented players to start pulling together in the right direction.

2 hours ago, Baron said:

This young man has his head on straight. Just hope his message resonates with the rest of the team. Unfortunately, most 18-20 year olds don't think beyond tomorrow. 

36 minutes ago, UTfish said:

This young man has his head on straight. Just hope his message resonates with the rest of the team. Unfortunately, most 18-20 year olds don't think beyond tomorrow. 

This was my take away from that interview. Its so refreshing to see it and to see him alarmed by what he's seen. It gives one hope. We need 84 others just like him.

18 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Where's the swimming trophies? Asking for a friend.

Well, the Afghan hounds won best in show over at the Animal Husbandry Dept I hear.

Huge success story, since the Corps invaded that department and took the Afghans hostage right after 9-11 years ago. There were minimal casualties. Great comeback story.