Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

On 3/5/2022 at 5:53 PM, TFloss32 said:

Looking over the roster, I can't help but wonder what happened to Prince? Thought he would be a difference maker after a season to bulk up or get acclimated. Maybe the turnover has cost him but to see him listed as a squad player is a bit surprising to me.

Surprisingly  to see the drop in weight from the number of DL from last year other than Sweat.  Maybe they realize the importance on movement both side to side as burst up the field this year.  Plus both the players from last year and this year going through the spring training as caused the vets to get better or get out of the way.

7 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Looking over the roster, I can't help but wonder what happened to Prince? Thought he would be a difference maker after a season to bulk up or get acclimated. Maybe the turnover has cost him but to see him listed as a squad player is a bit surprising to me.

Squad just means he hasn’t played enough yet to earn a letter.  I saw him in high school and thought that’s our next great pass rusher.  I’ve heard he is looking good in workout.  He’s a RS- Sophomore so he still has time to prove me right 😀😀

Notes from TFB

– Ryan Watts is a legit 6'3. Official weights/heights were taken at UT last week.

– Hookfin will likely never play a down at UT. He is down to 263 lbs. His spring is in doubt and it looks like the incoming freshmen will pass him by.

– Everybody in the secondary lost weight. Cook is down to 183, J Thompson is 179, Coffey is 182, Jamier Johnson is 168.

– Incoming freshmen (EEs) and their new numbers:

• No. 1 Justice Finkley
  • No. 3 Larry Turner-Gooden
  • No. 6 Maalik Murphy
  • No. 7 BJ Allen
  • No. 8 Terrence Brooks
  • No. 13 Jaylon Guilbeau
  • No. 23 Jaydon Blue
  • No. 53 Aaron Bryant
  • No. 54 Cole Hutson
  • No. 94 Jaray Bledsoe
  • Ryan Watts Is # 6, Jahleel Billingsley will be in No. 9 and Isaiah Neyor will be in No. 18.

– Ewers is now #3. J'Tavion Sanders is now #0

– Byron Murphy is now over 300 lbs. Both Sweat and Coburn cleared 340 lbs.

• Administrators
On 3/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, NEOkHorn said:

IT mentioned the other day he's been looking good.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Coburn...what does it mean that he has "cleared"340?????

Weighs more than 340.

They did not give specific weights on either Coburn or Sweat. They just said north of 340. Don't know if that's a little or a lot but I would expect both to be about that 340 weight right now.