Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

Some things I've gleaned while surfing the interwebs (mainly YouTube)

1. Texas social media seems to be pushing Justice Finkley to the forefront as a difference maker.

2. Ja'Tavion Sanders has given his jersey number to Ewers. They also had some throwing sessions in DFW area before classes started. Supposedly the light has turned on for Sanders and he seems motivated and focused.

3. Kitan Crawford is being moved to boundary safety.

4. Jahdae Barron is cross training at multiple DB positions.

5. Ewers and Card are participating in player driven throwing sessions twice a week

6. Coach Riley Dodge had lots of praise for Ewers. You can read it here https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Quinn-Ewers-Riley-Dodge-the-Flagship-Podcast-Steve-Sarkisian-Texas-spring-football-183336810/

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting.  I assumed it would need to pods to have 3 anual conference games and 6 every other year oponents. Since the pod winner isn't significant if only 2 teams can play in the championship game this makes more sense since it preserves more rivalry games. I like it.

18 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I like it, but no annual game with tech.  I wouldn't play them in any sport unless I had to. Nothing to gain by playing them

I would have been OK with an occasional game against TT. This makes much more sense for TT, not sure why TX agreed to it

12 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I know. I just don't see an upside in doing so. 

Maybe keeping the West Texas / Odessa Permian recruiting channels happy.   Any think of any other reason.  

Go ahead and lock in Rice and some Pac12 schools with the occasional ND and tOSU and call it done. 

Hopefully we don't have to play schools like Prairie View or Abilene Christian.  I'm ok with Rice for the Houston presence.  

8 hours ago, BigL said:

Maybe keeping the West Texas / Odessa Permian recruiting channels happy.   Any think of any other reason.  

Go ahead and lock in Rice and some Pac12 schools with the occasional ND and tOSU and call it done. 

Hopefully we don't have to play schools like Prairie View or Abilene Christian.  I'm ok with Rice for the Houston presence.  

For me it would be rice, utep, Tulane, Tulsa and other louisiana directional schools. SEC schedule is going to be tough enough. No need to schedule a marquee non conference game anymore. West Texas not a fertile enough area to justify playing tech annually. 

On 2/24/2022 at 10:24 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

We've already signed an agreement with them for like 4-5 years or some such, once we leave

When was that announced? None of the future schedules reflect that and they go beyond 2030.