Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Baron

2 hours ago, java said:

BOWLSBY:  OUR MILLSTONE

Forgive me if this has been posted, but that incompetent jackass fined Texas $25,000 because the students stormed the court after the Kansas win. BS.

He never fines anyone else anything.  Screw him. HE MAD!

Bring it on Students, if I could be there, I would lead you carrying tthe Texas flag

What a Jackass!

Hook ‘em!

Storm It Again!

It could be worse. Arkansas got fined $250,000 for the same thing this week. 

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-receives-major-fine-from-sec-for-storming-court-after-beating-no-1-auburn/

Does anybody here have the ear of CDC? Please let him know that the Texas website needs to be updated with more alacrity. Apparently numbers have been assigned and some players have left and others have enrolled.

Thanks in advance!

From a poster on another board. I thought it was pretty funny. …

"Not yet. Needs at least one more full recruiting cycle to really get the money going. They've got this train running straight off a cliff. Money's going to get bigger and costlier. More 2nd and 3rd money grabs by recruits, more Eric Dickersons, and way more pissing off everyone in the SEC to the point they make a big enough stink about it either the NCAA or SEC has to step in. 

They aren't stopping this train now. It's going to be fun to watch it fall apart. They'll be the most despised team in the SEC after leaking the news about UT/OU, forfeiting like pussies, and now running up the prices for recruits for everybody. Sad really, since they are the most SEC SEC SEC school. 

Recruits will bail, players will portal. Jimbo walks into the sunset with his $100M leaving A&M in shambles. 

Longhorns join the SEC. 

SEC boots A&M. 

Insert [Randolph Duke-generated] entire Texas A&M system collapse. 

Remaining assets purchased by the University of Phoenix. "

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"Not yet. Needs at least one more full recruiting cycle to really get the money going. They've got this train running straight off a cliff. Money's going to get bigger and costlier. More 2nd and 3rd money grabs by recruits, more Eric Dickersons, and way more pissing off everyone in the SEC to the point they make a big enough stink about it either the NCAA or SEC has to step in. 

They aren't stopping this train now. It's going to be fun to watch it fall apart. They'll be the most despised team in the SEC after leaking the news about UT/OU, forfeiting like pussies, and now running up the prices for recruits for everybody. Sad really, since they are the most SEC SEC SEC school. 

Recruits will bail, players will portal. Jimbo walks into the sunset with his $100M leaving A&M in shambles. 

Longhorns join the SEC. 

SEC boots A&M. 

Hope it was from an sec board. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Longhorns join the SEC. 

SEC boots A&M. 

Have you ever heard of the frog and scorpion tale? It's the same way with aggy

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Does anybody here have the ear of CDC? Please let him know that the Texas website needs to be updated with more alacrity. Apparently numbers have been assigned and some players have left and others have enrolled.

Thanks in advance!

They will update the roster about time of startingspring practice. Or usualy do. This should not be any trouble justsome one paying attention and a little time.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

From TFB today (paraphrased)

– Off season work outs seem like night and day from last year this time. Team knows what is expected and what to do. Workouts are way more efficient as a whole.

– Coaching staff is back on campus coming off the recruiting trail. Now able to work with the team.

– The OL players are working out with a sense of urgency this time, and rightfully so. They know the newcomers could come in and take their jobs. Cole Hutson is the only early enrollee on the OL and is gaining some attention already.

– Jaray Bledsoe is benefitting from the early enrollment. He would not be in football shape for the season next year if he didn't go through UT's spring. Ditto for Aaron Bryant.

– Morice Blackwell is now seeing some action at Safety. He's been impressive.

– Finkley has turned all kinds of heads. They really expect him to see action early next year. They say he is physically a grown ass man.

– there was some rumblings about Bo Davis getting a job offer after NSD. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Bledsoe is someone that will benefit from enrolling early. 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, java said:

BOWLSBY:  OUR MILLSTONE

Forgive me if this has been posted, but that incompetent jackass fined Texas $25,000 because the students stormed the court after the Kansas win. BS.

He never fines anyone else anything.  Screw him. HE MAD!

Bring it on Students, if I could be there, I would lead you carrying tthe Texas flag

What a Jackass!

Hook ‘em!

Storm It Again!

To be fair, another team was fined for storming the court two weeks ago. This was not out of the ordinary.

Nevertheless, $25K is nothing to UT. Storm the court all you want. Its good to see a pulse in the place.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

To be fair, another team was fined for storming the court two weeks ago. This was not out of the ordinary.

Nevertheless, $25K is nothing to UT. Storm the court all you want. Its good to see a pulse in the place.

Yep, like you said, $25,000 is nothing. As noted in my above post, Arkansas got fined $250,000 for storming the court!